SIAP.

I just got another Storm. My first had some dust and it drove me crazy. My new Storm is made in Hungary and has great screen action. I have heard the Hungary models are better. Who knows and probably not true but I wanted to keep this one pristine. I am a pocket carrier and prefer the Storm with my Barely There case from Case Mate and a iphone PowerSupport AntiGlare screen protector cut to fit. After one day in my pocket, I already had a spec. Dust will get in if it can if you carry the phone in your pocket alot like I do.

I talked to a couple of IT guys I know and a few more that do computer service work. I explained the problem and each of them just stated "you need a better seal". DUH!!! A couple of times a product kept coming up:

CircuitSealer<sup>TM</sup> Pen, #CS100P

All of these guys use this stuff regularly and guaranteed it would not damage the phone, LCD or components.

Anyway, this fix does require disassembly. If you do not want to take yours apart, move on and quit reading. I used the tutorial on Youtube and took mine apart. I have disassmbled a couple of Bolds and a Curve with never any real ill effects. As everyone says, just go slow and be careful.

Once you get the Storm a part, it is very evident the issues. If you look closely at the screen you will see the different layers and where the actual LCD is and the touchscreen on top of it. The gap is small but noticeable.

The Caig CircuitSealer comes in a pen. The great thing about the pen is that it has a small applicator tip that depresses and allows the sealer into gaps. It is almost a perfect fit for the issue with the Storm. I carefully ran a small bead around the whole screen. After doing this, put your screen aside and leave it for a hour or so. The Caig stuff is clear but you do not want to get it on the front of the screen. Also if you apply too much, it can build up around the edges. It is very easy to clean off with some rubbing alcohol if you do apply too much or overdo it but still you want to be careful. After the Caig has set, you can then make sure there are no issues and reinstall everything. DONE!!!

I have been running mine this way for a few weeks. Everything works perfectly and I have had not issues on performance. The best thing is no dust whatsoever. I keep mine in my pocket everyday all day. With my last Storm I had dust already and know I would have some in this one if I had not applied the fix.

I hope this is helpful and again SIAP. I searched Crackberry thoroughly and did not see anything like this so I thought I would share.
    05-05-09 01:19 PM
    Wow I never thought about a pen for sealing. Thanks! Ill look into it if I ever need to fix the dust problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 01:25 PM
    SIAP.

I just got another Storm. My first had some dust and it drove me crazy. My new Storm is made in Hungary and has great screen action. I have heard the Hungary models are better. Who knows and probably not true but I wanted to keep this one pristine.
    Mine is from Hungary too, and it is awesome.
    05-05-09 03:44 PM
    Mine is from Hungary too, and it is awesome.
    I also have a very good one from Hungary.
    05-05-09 04:34 PM
    Very happy with mine from Hungary as well!
    05-05-09 09:58 PM
    I'm also very hungry!
    05-05-09 10:58 PM
    But mine is from Canada
    05-05-09 10:58 PM
    But mine is from Canada
    Canadian one here as well, no worries. Very nice fix for the brave, thank you
    05-05-09 11:00 PM
    I was just thinking about this today.

Question: Does sealing the screen prevent it from moving as much? For some reason, even though I know it is supposed to, it annoys me so much that the screen moves a little. It makes me nervous.

Anyways, thanks for posting this, I might actually go ahead and order.
    05-06-09 12:41 AM
    Where is mine made
    05-06-09 03:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD