On Christmas Eve, my daughter kicked over her glass of milk while she was sleeping and spilled it all over my Storm. I didn't know this happened until many hours later. The milk was dried up on the top of the screen. I didn't figure out she spilled milk on it until I went to call someone and my screen wouldn't click anymore. Then milk started dripping out on the back side when I took the battery cover off. I put my Storm in a bowl of rice for 12 hours or so.... then tried it. It worked. It works great. Who says the storm isn't durable. LOL
    12-26-08 02:48 PM
    I hve seen the rice trick work many times, sometimes not. Glad it worked for you...
    12-26-08 02:50 PM
    Did your phone curdle? ha ha.

Thats great it worked, you dodged a bullet there!
    12-26-08 02:53 PM
    On Christmas Eve, my daughter kicked over her glass of milk while she was sleeping and spilled it all over my Storm. I didn't know this happened until many hours later. The milk was dried up on the top of the screen. I didn't figure out she spilled milk on it until I went to call someone and my screen wouldn't click anymore. Then milk started dripping out on the back side when I took the battery cover off. I put my Storm in a bowl of rice for 12 hours or so.... then tried it. It worked. It works great. Who says the storm isn't durable. LOL
    Im sure the rice trick worked for now but there is probably a lot of the stickyness and will have the foul smell in a couple of weeks/months. It is good that it is working for you, but you might be repacing it with your insurance later down the road!
    12-26-08 02:55 PM
    Oh man, yeah. That thing is going to wreak in a little while!
    12-26-08 02:57 PM
    Wow...amazing. Glad it still works!
    12-26-08 03:17 PM
    um, glad it worked too, but maybe dumb question, why was your precious Storm so precariously close to sleeping daughter and glass of milk?
    12-26-08 03:26 PM
    ...why was your precious Storm so precariously close to sleeping daughter and glass of milk?
    could just as easily been Santa who knocked the glass over

... but then again, he would have gotten you a replacement. I'm sure he had some Storm's in his bag
    12-26-08 03:34 PM
    What did Mom always say: "No use crying over spilled milk!"
    12-26-08 03:44 PM
    What did Mom always say: "No use crying over spilled milk!"
    Actually she used to say "You can put an eye out with that thing"
    12-26-08 03:51 PM
    Actually I think she said playing with it would make you go blind...

(I know, I had to go there.... LOL)
    12-26-08 03:54 PM
    Actually I think she said playing with it would make you go blind...

(I know, I had to go there.... LOL)

Can I play with it just untill I need glasses?
    12-26-08 05:01 PM
    In other words, "That's what SHE said"
    12-26-08 05:05 PM
    What did the rice do?
    12-26-08 05:46 PM
    What did the rice do?

It helps to absorb the moisture in those hard to reach places.
    12-26-08 05:48 PM
    Did you at least beat your daughter?
    12-26-08 05:51 PM
    that thing is gonna start smelling pretty soon lol.
    12-26-08 05:53 PM
    that thing is gonna start smelling pretty soon lol.
    lol agreed. My buddy spilled milk in his car once and the stench stayed in there for WEEKS. He had to take his car to the cleaners and that only helped a bit.
    12-26-08 06:04 PM
    Did you at least beat your daughter?
    Totally agree....when my son spits up on the floor, i rub his nose in it and then smack em with a rolled up news paper....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 06:29 PM
    Just curious on this one. But would a loaf of wheat bread work too if the unit got wet?
    12-26-08 06:40 PM
    Just curious on this one. But would a loaf of wheat bread work too if the unit got wet?
    Maybe if the loaf of bread was shredded into a bunch of peices....then it "might" work. But the reason rice works so well, is because you submerge the phone into the rice, completely covering the phone. And the rice will draw out and absorb any moisture.

12-26-08 06:45 PM
    Well, it's been a few days and no the phone doesn't smell. Thank goodness.
    For those of you who asked...
    my step-daughter fell asleep in our reclining chair on Christmas Eve. My Storm was on my coffee table beside the chair. She must of kicked it over in her sleep when she was tossing and turning waiting for Santa.
    12-29-08 07:47 PM
    What the heck is the rice trick?

12-29-08 08:05 PM
    What the heck is the rice trick?

It is when you spill something on your phone. You take a bag of rice and put it in a bowl or jar (jar is better because you can seal it off so no moisture from the air can get in). Stick your phone in it over night. The dry rice will adsorbs the moisture out of the phone. People put rice in salt shakers to keep it from clumping.
    12-29-08 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD