Hey guys,

Well i just got a new phone because of some issues with my old Storm, i had ot for 6months and out of no where the screen started to mess up on me, typing was a PITA.

Well i went to verizon, they gave me a new phone with the v4.7.0.148 OS, it works fine, minus the camera on it. It wont focus when halfway click the taking picture button.

So far, i like this OS, is there a better one out? I havent sadly updated my last phone since .109 leaked lol.

But yea, is there a fix for the camera? I use that sucker ALOT!
    09-05-09 01:21 PM
    is it set to autofocus?
    09-05-09 01:26 PM
    is it set to autofocus?
    Sorry for sounding like a newb, but i dont see that listed in the 'options' section.
    09-05-09 01:48 PM
    When you open the camera app like your about to snap a shot, press the BB/menu button which brings up a menu containing "view pictures", "options", "video camera", etc. Obviously, choose options and it'll give you 7 option settings. The 2nd setting is the one you're looking for "Image Stabilization" and set it to ON. That should solve your issue. Oh yeah, I'm running OS .148 as well, so that's NOT a factor.

Or better yet:
    Last edited by xwhite_rabbitx; 09-05-09 at 03:19 PM.
    09-05-09 03:17 PM
    When you open the camera app like your about to snap a shot, press the BB/menu button which brings up a menu containing "view pictures", "options", "video camera", etc. Obviously, choose options and it'll give you 7 option settings. The 2nd setting is the one you're looking for "Image Stabilization" and set it to ON. That should solve your issue. Oh yeah, I'm running OS .148 as well, so that's NOT a factor.

Or better yet:
    Thanks bro!

That didnt do it though.

It still doesnt focus when taking pics. They are all out of focus and blurry.

Could it be the internal camera could be messed up? I need to bring this one back too?

Also how do you have the front screen setup like that to be like an Iphone? Badass@!
    09-05-09 03:26 PM
    Real iBerry Blocks - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Out of ALL the iBerry themes out there, this once mollywops 'em all!

If ALL these things don't help your camera issue, then may i suggest 1 more thing before u do a phone swap. When aiming at what u wanna capture let your finger hover over the camera icon/button...this will center a white square box which will turn green; that's when you press the camera button. If this is no fix, go to Verizon and demand they fix/swap ur s**t. Usually, Verizon is excellent w/ swaps
    09-05-09 11:59 PM
    i had this same exact problem. I got my phone in March, and after an update was released it fixed the problem for me. I dont know what fixed it, but I assumed it was either a software issue or a default setting that was adjusted with the update.

Phone works now (.148) but the pictures still aren't really that great.
    09-06-09 01:11 AM
    Does it focus on close up shots? I have a spare Storm I bought off eBay with a broken screen that won't focus at distance, but does fine up close. OS changes don't affect it...it's some sort of hardware problem. I get the green box though and it acts like it's focusing, but it's blurry. Wouldn't hurt to try another OS, but if that doesn't fix it then I'm afraid you have a hardware issue.
    09-06-09 02:27 AM
    if it doesn't focus at all after you messed with the settings then take it back and get a different one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 02:30 AM
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but my first one did EXACTLY the same. I changed around with all the settings, it was still the same. I sent it back via a vodaphone store and had the hassle of the hire phone for 2 WEEKS. Anyway, when it came back it could focus properly and there was a fault found on the camera itself, cant remember what exactly. Anyway, they refurbed MY phone (camera) instead of giving me a new one so alls good with it now.

Hope this help.
    09-06-09 04:56 AM
    I think you should return to verizon store and get that phone exchanged.

09-06-09 07:42 AM
    Image stabilization was going to be my suggestion too. Not sure of a fix. I would go back to vzw for a replacement.

09-06-09 11:31 AM
    Thanks for the insight!

Yea, i was thinking i might have to bring it back. The pics are really blurry compared to what it looked like before on my old storm.
    09-06-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD