I have searched every thread I can find going back three weeks for a definitive answer on this, and can't seem to find it. Someone who REALLY knows, please tell me this:

The VZW website says the price on the Storm is $249.99 less $50 MIR "with new 2-yr activation on a Nationwide email plan".

Does this mean a net price of $199 to ANYONE who will sign up for two years (regardless as to whether it is a replacement phone or a net new phone), or does the word "NEW" mean that it has to be a new added line? Verizon does not make this very clear (surprise). If my next NE2 date on one of the 5 phones on my Family Share plan is in early Jan 2009, does that mean I will pay full retail less $50 MIR on Friday, or will I get the $249 less $50 price by upgarding a phone before the NE2 date.

My apologies for starting a thread on this, but I am confused beyond repair, and if I have to pay full retail, may wait until January to buy this phone...any educated responses welcome....
    11-16-08 10:22 PM
    U will pay full retail untill Janurary, then u get the 250 -50 MIR....
    11-16-08 10:24 PM
    Yeah, my closest date is February and they are not budging on it. I'm going to add a line to do it and just suck up the 9.99...
    11-16-08 10:27 PM
    U will pay full retail untill Janurary, then u get the 250 -50 MIR....
    What about the "flyers"? Seems like VZW is making exceptions. Perhaps the squeaky wheel gets a better deal? I'd like to upgrade my phone and my wife's but neither gets NE2 for at least a year. Seems they should be happy to take more money from us for another phone if we extend 2 more years.
    11-16-08 10:27 PM
    Thanks, just read in another thread about a guy who said he called Verizon with no phones ready for upgrade, and she quoted him a price of $249 less $50. Maddening to get all these mixed signals.
    11-16-08 10:28 PM
    I had posted this in another thread, but I think this is a better place to ask.

Is there seperate pricing if you are NOT getting a Nationwide Email plan. It states like said that it's $249-$50 MIR=$199 for a new 2 year contract with a Nationwide email plan.

So, what if you wanted to get an Individual plan with BIS?? Is there a different price scale??
    11-16-08 11:48 PM
    What about the "flyers"? Seems like VZW is making exceptions. Perhaps the squeaky wheel gets a better deal? I'd like to upgrade my phone and my wife's but neither gets NE2 for at least a year. Seems they should be happy to take more money from us for another phone if we extend 2 more years.
    Only certin people get thoes flyers apperantlly...........
    11-16-08 11:54 PM
    I work for in authorized retailler and our released prices are......

$199 after a 50 mib for add a lines
    $169 after a 50 mib for primary/ single lines
    $499 retail
    $199 for NE2
    $250 for normal upgrades

We will be getting the storm on the 21st and our pricing is almost always the same as corporate stores sometimes we're even lower which i think we are for the new activation for the primary lines. hope this gave u guys a good idea on what pricing is going to be
    11-17-08 12:02 AM
    I work for in authorized retailler and our released prices are......

$199 after a 50 mib for add a lines
    $169 after a 50 mib for primary/ single lines
    $499 retail
    $199 for NE2
    $250 for normal upgrades

We will be getting the storm on the 21st and our pricing is almost always the same as corporate stores sometimes we're even lower which i think we are for the new activation for the primary lines. hope this gave u guys a good idea on what pricing is going to be

Now I'm even more confused. What is a 'normal upgrade'?
    11-17-08 12:10 AM
    199 for NE2?!?!?!
    11-17-08 12:13 AM
    NE2 is the primary lines 100 dollar credit so they get the new activation price wen they upgrade.
    the normal upgrade aka an annual upgrade is usually $100 bucks more which would make it 299 but my verizon takes $50 off so annual upgrades are 250

forgot to mention with a 1 year contract the phone is $40 more.
    11-17-08 12:16 AM
    NE2 is the primary lines 100 dollar credit so they get the new activation price wen they upgrade.
    the normal upgrade aka an annual upgrade is usually $100 bucks more which would make it 299 but my verizon takes $50 off so annual upgrades are 250

forgot to mention with a 1 year contract the phone is $40 more.

So to be clear, if I have a phone on my family share plan that is due for NE2 in January, meaning it is well past one year of service, I can trade up to the Storm for $299 and get the $50 MIR for a total of $249 with a new 2 year contract? If this is correct, I'm happy.
    11-17-08 12:21 AM
    If you wait till january and use ur NE2 it will cost you 250 and you get a 50 MIB so it will end up at 199.
    thats the price at my store not sure if corprate stores will be like that but should b close
    11-17-08 12:27 AM
    If you wait till january and use ur NE2 it will cost you 250 and you get a 50 MIB so it will end up at 199.
    thats the price at my store not sure if corprate stores will be like that but should b close
    I really apprecaite your responses, but I understand the NE2 price. Can you answer the specific question I asked: If I want to take the phone that is due for NE2 in January but upgrade it on Friday instead, are you saying the price is $299 dropping to $249 with a $50 MIR? This is all I need to know.

Thanks again.
    11-17-08 12:30 AM
    oook yea sorry i wasnt really sure what u were asking i got kinda lost but yea u should definitly be eligable for your annual upgrade right now so your price should be 299 now and a 50 mib so final cost of 249
    11-17-08 12:36 AM
    From my understanding.. if you are up for your NE2 in January, you are able to upgrade NOW at the "new" contract pricing. However, if you upgrade now, you won't get your $100 NE2 discount.

On Friday I believe you'll pay 249 - $50 rebate.

If you wait til January, you would get an additional $100 off.

If you upgrade on friday, you will restart your 2 yr contract and have to wait another 20 months for your next NE2.
    11-17-08 09:18 AM
    your best bet is to go in and talk to a rep. i went in on friday to get some info. i shouldnt be eligible to upgrade for another few months, but she said im eligible for the early upgrade which costs $20. so 270-50mir for me.
    11-17-08 09:32 AM
    Any corporate discount? I am completely confused on this subject.
    11-17-08 09:41 AM
    I am trying to get Best Buy to commit to a "price match" if their $599 price is too high (as i expect it is)....except they will not commit to matching the price until they know the official price. i really dont know what the hold up on letting us know is.

Anyone going to one of the VIP events to day to get it at retail price?
    11-17-08 09:48 AM
    Any corporate discount? I am completely confused on this subject.
    Me too. VZW seems to be making this impossibly confusing. Yeah, prices have been listed but it seems like if you talk to the "right" person you get the better price. I have 3 lines (and plan on buying two Storms) with a monthly bill of $180. I'd be adding the data plan to one line (already have it on one). Surely that's a good deal for VZW. Otherwise, they get no extra $$$ from me until my plans become eligible mid next year.

Hoping my corporate rep will slice through the madness.
    Last edited by CyberRanger; 11-17-08 at 10:19 AM.
    11-17-08 09:49 AM
    Me too. VZW seems to be making this impossibly confusing. Yeah, prices have been listed but it seems like if you talk to the "right" person you get the better price. I have 3 lines with a monthly bill of $180. I'd be adding the data plan to one line (already have it on one). Surely that's a good deal for VZW. Otherwise, they get no extra $$$ from me until my plans become eligible mid next year.

Hoping my corporate rep will slice through the madness.
    Here's an idea for Verizon if you're watching...

Create a simple decision tree diagram that walks customers through their pricing options depending on their current status so they will actually know what they will be paying. This confusion may help you to keep your options open with each customer, but it is generating such disillusionment that I believe the frustration outweigh the benefit to you of not being clear on price. Maybe you want it ambiguous so you can make individual subjective decisions with each user.

But it sure would be nice to have a basic diagram, i.e. 'Are you a current Verizon customer -- if yes, follow this arrow, if no, follow this one, etc, etc. You could walk people through individual vs. business, upgrade eligibility, data plan requirements, VIP status, etc. etc. and take them to what their specific price woudl be. Imagine the savings in handling CS calls on this topic....
    11-17-08 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD