i have had a blackberry of some sort for years...i have had the storm for about three days and love it...BUT, it has just started skrewing up...it worked perfectly for 2 and half days and now, the alerts will not sound...all i get is a vibrate when i get an email or message of any type...NO SOUND!!...i keep missing emails because of this...i have pulled the battery many times...i have double and triple checked all the settings...still no luck...anyone else having this problem??
    -one note...when i reset the phone, it will alert with sound for about the first 5 minutes...then nothing but vibrate...very annoying!...any help would be appreciated...thanks
    01-14-09 01:41 PM
    I was having the same problem. I called blackberry support and talked to those people for a little over and hour. Stupid me!!! They said its a problem right now and they can't figure it out so just have patience. So I did what any other real genius would do and came on here and read through many and many forums and found one where people changed the alert sound to a new MP3 sound and it works with no problems. They have free ring tones you can download on the site so try that one out. Good luck! Also had problems with messenger alerts so i changed that one also but emails always went off
    01-14-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD