...has to be the Voice activated calling feature. What a HUGE benefit. Pardon my ignorance if this feature has been on BlackBerrys for a long time, but this is my first BB, and it is so great to have, especially when driving. I also absolutely love how I can use this feature with my bluetooth headset... I don't even have to look at the screen, and can keep concentrating on the road. Freakin' awesome. Bluetooth works so much more robustly on this phone than it did with my prior Treo 650.
    12-23-08 04:44 PM
    I haven't been using it because I have bluetooth built into my car so I just use that to bark commands at my car and the car will place the call.

Its not exactly perfect since sometimes when I want to dial someone...it'll proceed to ask me where in Indiana I'd like to go. But its completely hands free so its safe...until I get frustrated at times and want to rip out the LCD screen in my car and chuck it out of a window.

To place a call in my car you just say "Phonebook [insert name of contact]". Drives me up a wall sometimes because when you just say "Phonebook", the car will display the contacts list on the LCD screen...sometimes it won't register the name.

On a related note, this is the second Blackberry I've owned and it syncs very well with my car. I almost bought a 3G iPhone several months back but the biggest reason for not doing so is because the caller ID feature isn't compatible with my car's Bluetooth stack so I'd always have to pull out an iPhone to see whos calling.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 12-23-08 at 04:49 PM.
    12-23-08 04:46 PM
    it has and its cool
    Ok we will pardon the ignorance.....LOL it has been around for a while......welcome to CB enjoy the addiction!!!!
    I removed it from my phone and saved the 5mb =). Lots of my phones have had the feature but I've never used it. I'm not sure why it seems kind of handy.
    12-23-08 04:48 PM
    Voice activated calling is cool. I am a fan of the mute button myself. Although, muting a call has been around for ages I never tire of it's usefulness. :P 2nd runner up, has got to be the volume control toggle. A priceless feature when my music is too loud or too soft.
    12-23-08 04:49 PM
    I removed it from my phone and saved the 5mb =). Lots of my phones have had the feature but I've never used it. I'm not sure why it seems kind of handy.
    I must be smoking crack, but i cant seem to recall how to get voice activated dialing removed after updating .83. Cant delete from the handset, dm, or apploader as far as i can find. This thing really is just eating space....especially since i have vlingo installed.

Yeah, op, btw, if you think VAD is cool, check out vlingo btw.
    12-23-08 05:32 PM
    I believe you can only remove it via loader.exe.
    12-23-08 05:38 PM
    I love it as well, and use it often while driving, only wish I could tell it to switch to speaker immediately..........
    12-23-08 06:00 PM
    I love it... in fact that's why I had to return my first two Storms. Had the phone an hour, made a voice activated call, phone went dead. Back to store same day, got a return that was cosmetic ok, made voice call... #2 DEAD. Waited 3 weeks for a new one... Come to find out the recent upgrades addressed that exact problem.... go figure... if I kept the originals they would have worked.... who knew?
    12-23-08 06:42 PM
    Voice dialing has been around for a while.
    I would like a vpn client and ssh program

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by RCCollins; 12-23-08 at 07:06 PM.
    12-23-08 07:03 PM
    I must be smoking crack, but i cant seem to recall how to get voice activated dialing removed after updating .83. Cant delete from the handset, dm, or apploader as far as i can find. This thing really is just eating space....especially since i have vlingo installed.

Yeah, op, btw, if you think VAD is cool, check out vlingo btw.
    Before you install a new OS you wipe the phone then you can go into the folder that is set to install all the apps onto your phone and delete all the VAD files. There is a thread on here somewhere that shows how to do it. I will try and find it for you.
    12-23-08 07:06 PM
    Haha voice dialing has been around for ages. I had it in my dumb phone three upgrade cycles ago.
    12-23-08 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD