I bought my storm a few months ago and always assumed that the 8gb card it came with, worked. Recently, I started getting apps and themes, and went to my memory and my total memory is 879.2 MB. There is an 8 GB card in it but says there is not one inserted and everything is enabled...

any ideas would be great! Thanks.
    04-10-10 11:21 PM
    Just an idea. In memory hit menu key select install media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 11:58 PM
    Thanks, but I don't see an option to do that on the memory menu.
    04-11-10 12:39 AM
    When you enter options memory press the blackberry key and a menu will pop up

04-11-10 01:50 AM
    The only options are "format" and "repair".
    04-11-10 01:57 AM
    That 879.2mb is your device memory, for storing things, seperate from a memory card and very different from Application memory. Silly question, but are you sure there is actually a memory card in the slot next to the SIM card? What OS are you running?

04-11-10 10:11 AM
    My storm recently did this out of the blue. I called CS and taken step by step to try and resolve the problem. After no resolutions was told to do a wipe of the phone but to backup everything first. After wiping the phone, the storm would not boot up and became bricked. CS had to offer me a replacement at no charge since I did as he instructed and it bricked the phone. When I got the replacement, the media card was not recognized in that phone either. I decided to format the media card and then it worked fine. The only problem with formating is that you loose everything you had on it and will not be able to recover unless you previously saved. So I would try to use the repair feature first, if that does not work then its corrupted and you will need to format it. It should work fine after.
    04-11-10 12:09 PM
    That 879.2mb is your device memory, for storing things, seperate from a memory card and very different from Application memory. Silly question, but are you sure there is actually a memory card in the slot next to the SIM card? What OS are you running?

Yeah the card is definitely in there, I've tried taking it out and putting it back in there and resetting it, everything. Not sure about the OS, I guess its the newest, the 5 or whatever.

My storm recently did this out of the blue. I called CS and taken step by step to try and resolve the problem. After no resolutions was told to do a wipe of the phone but to backup everything first. After wiping the phone, the storm would not boot up and became bricked. CS had to offer me a replacement at no charge since I did as he instructed and it bricked the phone. When I got the replacement, the media card was not recognized in that phone either. I decided to format the media card and then it worked fine. The only problem with formating is that you loose everything you had on it and will not be able to recover unless you previously saved. So I would try to use the repair feature first, if that does not work then its corrupted and you will need to format it. It should work fine after.
    I tried the repair feature and it didn't do anything, would you mind telling me how to format the card?
    04-11-10 08:51 PM
    Go to your options menu and select memory. From there you will see the area that has application memory. Touch the area that says free memory. After it is highlighted hit your blackberry button and select format. It will go through a series of prompts asking if you are sure if you want to do this and say yes. If it does not work using the phone alone, then you might have to use desktop manager. The option should be under the settings when you connect your phone to your computer. Hope this helps.
    04-12-10 07:54 PM
    Yeah I tried that too, didn't work. Also, there was no option to format on my desktop manager, and my computer wont recognize the card either. I guess its a faulty card, nothing else has worked. Thanks for the help though, appreciate it.
    04-13-10 08:13 PM
    I have almost this same issue but my 8gb sd card is recognized it is just recognized as a 2gb card >_< at least i get 2 gigs :/ not 0
    04-14-10 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD