Hey I'm new to the whole crackberry thing but I'm not new to smart phones. I just got my 3rd replacement storm 1 in a month. The first one they sent me came with 4.7 operating system and I had to update it to 5.0 thinking that would fix it but it didn't .. I ended up having wicked bad memory leak problems which greatly affected the performance of the phone. The second one I got had similar issues but it was even worse than my 1st one cause I constantly had to restart my phone. I just got my 3rd one yesterday and I'm still having memory leak issues which causes my phone to be slow and delayed. I was going to trade for a different handset online but the said by the time they received my phone my 30 day warranty would be over and I would have to go a week without a phone so I went to the store and they were pretty much month help at all and I was there for almost 2 hours. I don't know if anyone on here can give me any advice on what I can do if there even is anything I can do. But please help cause this is driving me nuts and I'm so sick of being on the phone with Verizon constantly ... So please help !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 10:53 AM
    What apps are you running? Did you get the memory leak from the minute you started the new phones, or did they start to appear after you installed apps and customized your phone?
    01-03-10 11:03 AM
    GET A DROID or an ERIS and all your problems will be fixed thats what I did
    01-03-10 11:04 AM
    Dude, this can't be a hardware issue with three Storm replacements. You're doing something wrong. What themes and apps do you have loaded and are you closing your apps when you're finished with them or leaving them running in the background?
    01-03-10 11:18 AM
    This one is simple... call into customer service and request a Storm2 as your 4th replacement. With 3 replacement in less then 90 days, you're entitled to what's called a MultiFRU replacement with another phone. Get an S2 and you won't have to deal with these S1 issues if you're really into the Storm. Simple as that.
    01-03-10 11:46 AM
    This one is simple... call into customer service and request a Storm2 as your 4th replacement. With 3 replacement in less then 90 days, you're entitled to what's called a MultiFRU replacement with another phone. Get an S2 and you won't have to deal with these S1 issues if you're really into the Storm. Simple as that.
    Nice info there civic you know your stuff
    01-03-10 11:48 AM
    Nice info there civic you know your stuff
    I have tried to delete all appa all themes n a combo of the apps n thmes . I'm not runnin anytjhing crazy .google maps weather bug super pages facebook n myspace n I have a precision clean 10 theme . But I have tried everything . Civic u really think they will give me a s2 ? I'm really not into the storm I jus got it for cheap wen I upgraded . I'm willing to trade for a tour or curve 2 . And as for the droid I mite add a line jus to get one . I love my storm wen it works rite . N I hate it wen it doesn't . Thanks for the info I really appreciate it .

01-03-10 12:15 PM
    Dude, this can't be a hardware issue with three Storm replacements. You're doing something wrong. What themes and apps do you have loaded and are you closing your apps when you're finished with them or leaving them running in the background?
    I close all my apps wen I'm done this third isn't as bad as the other 2 but still I feel like I shouldn't be having these problems . if it is user error I'm willing to try anything to fix the problem on my end ......... Thanks

01-03-10 12:19 PM
    That's exactly what I did. I love my S2. Plenty of memory, no more battery pulls, no lag, it just runs so much smoother than S1 in general. Good luck!
    01-03-10 12:25 PM
    what do u think is a good trade for my storm ? Email isn't that big of an issue for me but I'm on the internet so much . I prefer a keyboard of a clickable touchscreen . Idk wat to do . I mite be able to get my palm centro back but I hated it n my fianc�s sis ha a curve 1 I mite be able to buy from her . I'm fed up trun to get Verizon to fix this for me my 30 day worry free ended yesterday . any suggestions n information will help thanks .

01-03-10 12:26 PM
    my f ing phone is actin up again n its being soooooooo slow any one else who thinks they can help or give me some info please bbm me @ pin:30F75878 thanks

01-03-10 12:42 PM
    I know in certain cases, .328 (Verizon's official) leaks occasionally. You might want to try downgrading to a 4.7 OS or 5.0.0.419 and see if that fixes it (keep in mind that it's not the official for Verizon). Other than that, I would suggest just getting a different phone.
    01-03-10 01:47 PM
    Make sure that you use the menu key and select close or exit when closing apps. Hitting the end key will not close many apps and simply leaves them running in the background. Weatherbug is a known memory leaker when left open. Hold down the menu key and you will be able to see the apps you have open. There should only be five. Phone, bbm, browser, home and messages. These will stay open.
    I have to agree with a previous poster that this is user error and not a hardware problem.

01-03-10 01:58 PM
    I have tried to delete all appa all themes n a combo of the apps n thmes . I'm not runnin anytjhing crazy .google maps weather bug super pages facebook n myspace n I have a precision clean 10 theme . But I have tried everything . Civic u really think they will give me a s2 ? I'm really not into the storm I jus got it for cheap wen I upgraded . I'm willing to trade for a tour or curve 2 . And as for the droid I mite add a line jus to get one . I love my storm wen it works rite . N I hate it wen it doesn't . Thanks for the info I really appreciate it .

I had to get rid of weather bug for this reason. Liked the app but it just seemed to eat my memory like a fat kid shoveling cake into his mouth.

01-03-10 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD