So i came home from college for Thanksgiving break. I called verizon and found out it would not get here when they said and i would be going back to school without the storm. So i decided to go to verizon and play with the storm. i got there and they had 2 demos. I waited as both were being used. Then one guy left and i jumped in to the storm. I held it in my hand and it felt great. The screen was very very nice.

First thing, i had to try typing. That was my biggest concern. I hit the button to text and there it was, i had to play around with it to get a blank txt. Found it! I started to type. It was very very laggy. I would type and it would take few seconds for the letters to appear. I made a lot of errors which i expected and was also doing it wrong. I forgot its like T9. Then i turned the phone landscape style. That was pretty good. Laggy but i was not making many mistakes. I used the top of my thumbs and it was not bad at all. After spending some time with that, I played with the phone. I went to dial a number. I looked at the games and saw brickbreaker which is cool. Then i locked the screen and couldnt get it to unlock. So i went to the other storm

Once i went to the other storm, i went back to typing. It was a pain getting landscape mode to open. But it was good. I felt like i was getting better at it and in portrait mode too. I think once they fix the laggyness, it would be much much better. The softwatre was .65. I spent time going through the applications and scrolling and that was smooth. At times, the camera did open and i am not sure how it did that. The camera is OK on the storm. It didnt take long to take a picture. I have read a lot of people saying it takes a while. Scorlling was not too laggy. But going from application to another one was laggy. If i wanted to hit back, it was a pain to go back. It was not instant. I also held the phone to my ear and i did feel the screen click against my cheek

Overall, it was a good 30min. I spent a lot of time typing and it is not that bad. I dont think i will be able to txt on it as fast as i do on my ENV. But i think it can be close. It was laggy when i typed and when just playing with the phone. Its a good phone, if they can get the little things fixed, it will be much better. If you have any questions ask. I am sure i forgot to mention some things.
    11-29-08 03:00 PM
    Thanks for the review.. Though its hard to judge your review if you didn't know your way around and it was on a demo unit with probably 20+ programs open.

I never have any lag on my texts or e-mails so if those were closed I bet it would have sped things up nicely.
    11-29-08 03:02 PM
    I have no lag issues when typing...just when rotating the screen. Good review, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD