I'm at the end of my rope with the music player. When a song plays through, the next one to start starts out at maximum volume. This happens with maybe two out of every five or six songs. My eardrums are ready to declare war against my Storm, as this happens pretty darned frequently, especially since I use it for music every day for hours. (Long bus commute from h*ll.)

Does anyone else currently have this problem? (I've seen threads in the past about it but nothing helpful so far.) Does anyone else NOT have this problem? (AKA, is it only a few phones that are affected? Would obtaining a replacement phone stop it?) And has anyone with this problem found a solution to it, either through Verizon or by upgrading to a beta OS? (I've never considered trying a beta, but my painful allergy ears are desperate.)

My hair cells will love you forever if you have a solution.

juju
    03-31-09 09:56 PM
    I experience the same thing, not too often but it does happen. Sorry to say I have not found a solution. (I really haven't looked either)
    03-31-09 09:58 PM
    what r your audio boost settings? maybe enabling/disabling it would correct the issue? I have a kick arse set of bluetooth music headphones, so I have mine set to ON w/ Bass Boost and I never have the problem. Could be worth a shot
    03-31-09 09:59 PM
    I tried it with the audio boost on and off with no difference or change. I have the headset equalizer set on bass boost.
    03-31-09 10:02 PM
    This happened like every other song when i was on .75 so your not alone...I upgraded to .113 and it happens less frequently but sadly it still happens from time to time..I use my mp3 player all day when im at work but like I said it is less on .113 for me...Just my observation..
    03-31-09 10:05 PM
    are you using the headphones that came with it? or bluetooth ones? or are you sharing with everyone around you on the bus and just using the speaker?
    03-31-09 10:05 PM
    I'm using Philips brand headphones. They're NOT wireless, just plain old over-the-ear plug in ones. They're maybe a year old, and I've used them with other devices with no problem.
    03-31-09 10:23 PM
    does the problem persist without them?
    03-31-09 10:25 PM
    Do you mean playing it using the phone's speaker? Though I don't do that very often, when I have, I never noticed it acting similarly. Then again, it's a little more difficult to tell in open air.

I haven't tried any other headphones--those are actually the only ones I own now. (My ears must be deformed or something--I've never been able to use ear buds, so I just give them away.)
    03-31-09 10:30 PM
    not being able to use earbuds is more common then you might think. Just remember too that cell phones that support voice dial through the headset take a headset jack with one extra rib on it ( when you look at the plug, you will see three colored strips instead of two). If you have a traditional set of headphones, though they will fit just fine, they might not always work just fine.
    03-31-09 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD