Mods: I was unsure where to put this, so please move as necessary.

I have been trying to sync over ~3,000 songs to my Storm. I have tried numerous ways to get the music over, and each time all songs transfer and show up in Explorer. I have used Windows Media Player Sync, Drag and Drop, and Roxio Media Center and all have transferred over the songs successfully.

However, the Media Player only shows 1,250 songs in the music list. No matter which way I transfer, it only shows this amount of songs, give or take 100 each time. Not sure why this would be happening. It appears to put most artists there, but picks and chooses which ones it will not show. One time, all of my Disturbed tracks show up, and then the next time, only 10000 Fists shows up.

Does anyone know of a limit that the player only recognizes? I find it odd that they include an 8GB card and there would be a limit on how many the media player would recognize. I am not sure what the resolution would be to show all of the files I transfer.

All files are non-DRM and .wma encoded at 64-128 kbps. Any help or insight would be appreciated.
    02-03-09 08:32 PM
    I had problems with OS .75 showing all 2,011 of my songs when I first installed it and would only show 1,774 of the songs. What I had to do was remove and then reinsert the media card to get the song to display properly. I also noticed on .75 that if I made a change to a song it wouldn't always be displayed correctly on the storm. What I had to do was delete the BBThumbs.dat from the music folder on the device in order for it to show correctly. I am currently running .99 and have added and edit songs and it seems to be showing correctly since .85. I can't guarantee that it will work for you since these OS builds have been working differently for each user.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 09:44 PM
    I had problems with OS .75 showing all 2,011 of my songs when I first installed it and would only show 1,774 of the songs. What I had to do was remove and then reinsert the media card to get the song to display properly. I also noticed on .75 that if I made a change to a song it wouldn't always be displayed correctly on the storm. What I had to do was delete the BBThumbs.dat from the music folder on the device in order for it to show correctly. I am currently running .99 and have added and edit songs and it seems to be showing correctly since .85. I can't guarantee that it will work for you since these OS builds have been working differently for each user.

Forgot to mention that I was running .75, so I would imagine that could be an issue. I can try the media card pull and see if that fixes it.

The other thing I noticed while attempting to see what is going on it appears that each time I disconnect it rescans the card each time, which slows the phone down to a crawl each time.
    02-03-09 09:53 PM
    The media card pull didn't work for me. Is anyone else having an issue with this with a possible fix/work around/idea?
    02-04-09 08:58 PM
    The media card pull didn't work for me. Is anyone else having an issue with this with a possible fix/work around/idea?
    Did you try to delete the BBThumbs.dat file that I also mentioned from the music folder?

02-04-09 09:50 PM
    Did you try to delete the BBThumbs.dat file that I also mentioned from the music folder?

Yes I did. When it rebuilt the database, it still only showed the same amount of files.
    02-04-09 09:55 PM
    I have found that I can only make playlists of about 125 tracks or else the list is trucated. I listen to audiobooks while driving, and have to make multipart playlists of audiobooks if they are going to exceed 125 tracks. I use standard playlist while making the playlist for audiobooks. I use automatic playlists for my music.
    02-04-09 10:02 PM
    in the media sync go to device options, then media then delete at the bottom. then try reloading
    02-04-09 10:37 PM
    Ran into the same problem and found that the Storm can only handle a certain amount of data per folder. Most of my songs are .mp3 with 160kbps sample rates so I was able to get about 500 (ish) songs per folder. I created multiple folders and copied my songs in blocks into the folders and was able to get all 2400 to show. For those of you synching, I'm not sure how to fix that, but since there is plenty of space on the card I don't plan on deleting any songs. Hope this help.

PS, running .75
    04-27-09 10:10 AM
    Have you tried doing a batt pull? i put 15 movies on it and none showed up, i did a batt pull and then it populated in the media list.
    04-27-09 11:40 AM
    i had the same issue i had 103 songs and then randomly in the day i would go to my music and have only 41 i would to a batt pull then it would show like 63 then another then 103 songs showed again it randomly takes it back down to 41 all the time which is annoying any way to permanently fix previous people were talking about songs in the thousands and mines is having the same problem barely in the hundreds!
    05-16-09 12:28 AM
    The quick way to fix this is to format your media card from your device. Then add the files back to your media card and your problem should be fixed. Also running one of the latest leaked betas will help this problem. I have 2478 songs on my current media card and haven't had a loss of songs for at least 4 months now after formatting the card.

Last edited by ArmaK; 05-16-09 at 01:17 AM.
    05-16-09 01:15 AM
    Delete the BBThumbs file again, and when going into media, let it scan, put your phone down and let it do its thing. Should take a few tries.
    05-16-09 01:23 AM
    I will try it again and see, but the problem I have now is that with .141, it won't play my WMA files. Says it's an unsupported format. The same files play fine on .75.

Damn, it's one thing or another with this damn phone...
    05-16-09 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD