Ive searched and cant seem to find the info i'm needing. i hope i lay this out right so please be patient.

the ultimate goal is two calender colors.

i'm syncing mine and my wifes calenders thru google sync, but i cant get her calender show up in a diff color. i've been thru the options menu and have diff colors selected but to no avail.
    i've tried......
    two diff calenders under ****@gmail.com. no dice
    two diff gmail account calenders viewed under ****@gmail.com. no dice same color. even though i have her seperate email addy selected as a diff color.
    i'm thinking the problem is that i'm syncing through the one email addy. is there a way to sync both mine and her email addy's for the calenders? i know i can get seperate emails, but not like to have the calenders in the diff colors.
    thanx all!!

oh,,, another reason i'm using google is so that we can manipulate and see each others calenders.
    thanx !
    Last edited by bradh; 04-08-09 at 07:02 PM.
    04-08-09 06:58 PM
    Ok... if I understand you correctly, you will not be able to have different calendar colors. The calendar colors on the Storm are based upon what email addresses you have on the phone, so if you are only using one email address on the phone, it will only ever show one calendar color. (Each email address you have on the phone will show a different color in the calendar.)
    04-08-09 07:04 PM
    gotcha morf. that's what i thought. leads to a second question. can you sync two diff google accts? when i tried to sign out and sign back in under her email to sync her calender the phone told me it would delete the sync'd info.
    thanx!
    04-08-09 07:18 PM
    That is a very good question... and one that I am not able to answer because I don't use Google sync. Hopefully someone here that uses Google will be able to answer that for you.
    04-08-09 08:00 PM
    Hey sorry to bring up an old thready but didnt really wanna start a new one but is there a way in the calender that when I initially click on it I will get the month view instead of the day view ???
    05-04-09 04:50 PM
    open your calendar

menu button>options>general options

Under Veiws you can select what you want as your initial view.

Save your changes.

----------------------------------

I also just discovered a useful trick if you need to erase your calendar completely (do to messed up syncs creating duplicates or whatever)

In options pull up your keyboard and type "wipe".
    ---------------------

Original question is a limitation of google sync. Everything added by google shows up as one calendar color.

This doesn't bother me and I sync mine and my wifes calendar with no issues.
    05-04-09 05:10 PM
    If you want both your calendar and your wife's calendar to be synced, I think you should do it this way.

Add your wife's calendar to your google calendar first by adding it as a friend's calendar on the left hand side on the google calendar webpage. Make sure your wife's calendar settings allow it to be seen by your email address. Then on google sync, you should be able to sync both calendars.
    05-06-09 04:59 AM
    If you want both your calendar and your wife's calendar to be synced, I think you should do it this way.

Add your wife's calendar to your google calendar first by adding it as a friend's calendar on the left hand side on the google calendar webpage. Make sure your wife's calendar settings allow it to be seen by your email address. Then on google sync, you should be able to sync both calendars.
    I do exactly this... and while they don't show up as different colors in our BB's, we can see what's going on, where we need to be, etc. no matter who changes the calendar, and if it's on the device or a computer. Seems to work well... besides the colors on the BB's.
    05-06-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD