My wife & I have Storms on our Verizon account, and we both have GMail accounts on our phones. I can manage my GMail subscription options with my "BB enterprise" account (set filters, sig, etc.), or whatever you call the web interface for BB email. But when my wife tries to log in and do the same for herself she gets "invalid name/pass" errors. She can add the GMail account to her phone and get messages, but she can't manage the account with her "enterprise" web account, even though she created one. Why is that? Are you only allowed to have one web-enabled enterprise account per VZW carrier account?
    04-07-09 10:56 AM
    Anybody, please? Nobody has two phones on a single VZW account?
    04-09-09 05:06 PM
    I am on My brothers Business plan but were not going through an enterprise server. He has his own web sever and I use Yahoo. We have a total of 3 phones, 2 BB Storm 9530's Running .109 and a Razor
    04-09-09 05:33 PM
    Each line is registered separately so its not that you can only have one. Are you using corporate email and gmail also or just the gmail?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 05:41 PM
    Each line is registered separately so its not that you can only have one. Are you using corporate email and gmail also or just the gmail?
    Not using any corporate/enterprise email, although I have hooked up my work email to the BB for reading purposes only, and it's not a BB/Exchange account. The problem we're having is with GMail: we have separate accounts, and if I want to, I can add her account to my phone and control her settings using the web interface. But I don't want her email on my phone; I want it on hers. And when she tries to log into the web interface using the BB account she created on her phone, she gets login errors.
    04-10-09 08:16 AM
    Are you guys using the gmail program, or BIS using pop3 or imap?

04-10-09 08:22 AM
    We both added our GMail accounts to our phones using BB's built-in email "client". This seems to work pretty well for both of us. It's just the web/BIS page that isn't working for her (but works fine for me). I wouldn't care about that except the web page seems to be the only way to add filters for delivery or non-delivery.
    04-10-09 08:28 AM
    We currently have four storms on our account all with different email types.
    I have the verizon provided bis one and also a hotmail account. My wife is checking a 3rd party pop account.
    One son is checking a gmail account, and one son is checking a yahoo account. All without issue.

04-10-09 08:31 AM
    The two accounts should be completely autonomous, they bill you for each one, thus they should have the same capabilities. Call Verizon CS and have them set up a BIS account, then you can control your email options from there.

Another common password issue is that while typing in the password, if you hold a "key" down too long it makes the character uPper case. Of course you won't know this unless you pay very close attention to the cursor before the character changes into an asterisk.

If you are not using BES, you might want to change to BIS plan and save $15/month.
    04-10-09 08:31 AM

I have the gmail app installed but only use it when I need to find some old emails, otherwise BIS.
    04-10-09 08:33 AM
    Sounds like your wife hasnt set up access to the web bis site. She has to set up a user name and password on her blackberry via email setup, menu, create user name. After she sets that up she should be able to sign on via the web page and edit the filters she so desires.
    04-10-09 09:07 AM
    Sounds like your wife hasnt set up access to the web bis site. She has to set up a user name and password on her blackberry via email setup, menu, create user name. After she sets that up she should be able to sign on via the web page and edit the filters she so desires.

what they said. she would have to have her own log in with her pin number.
    04-10-09 09:33 AM
    what they said. she would have to have her own log in with her pin number.
    Yup, good points, but we already set that up from her phone. I'm pretty sure you *have* to create an account before you can add any email addresses to your phone. Anyway, I know she created a user/pass on her phone, and then added her GMail account to the phone. But when she tries to log on to the web interface with the same user/pass (positive the user and pass are entered correctly; I've tried it myself), it returns an error. And if I try to create a new account from the web using her PIN, it says the PIN is already in use with another account.

Something else of note maybe: both phones are on a single VZW account under a family plan. Does that mean only one of us can use the web interface?

If you are not using BES, you might want to change to BIS plan and save $15/month.
    Hmmm... where can I get more info on this? I am paying a ton for the family plan plus data for both BBs.
    04-10-09 10:03 AM
    Call vzw. Change your plan and reset her bis profile. If she hasn't created a user name and password they can do it for you. Idk why crackberry is the first resource when obviously we can't see the account info to advise you what to do. But your carrier can.

04-10-09 10:39 AM
    Call vzw. Change your plan and reset her bis profile. If she hasn't created a user name and password they can do it for you.
    Thanks. If I can't figure it out some other way, I'll call them.
    Idk why crackberry is the first resource when obviously we can't see the account info to advise you what to do. But your carrier can.
    CB folks have been quite helpful so far, which I can't say for most of the phone interaction I've had with VZW unfortunately. I'll leave it at that.
    04-10-09 10:49 AM
    Knowledgeable people are the ones who have admin tools for your bis. The only other way is to try to guess what info she created. If she even created any. Call and get tech support. Look at the plans online. If you're confused pm me and I'll get you in contact with any of my friends who work for vzw to help you any way you need.

04-10-09 10:52 AM
    I'm pretty sure you *have* to create an account before you can add any email addresses to your phone.
    Not really. You can set up your email accounts including the verizon email of @vzw.blackberry.net without creating a user account. I will double check by going through the process of email setup, menu, create user. See if that takes you into a terms and conditions page. If that has already been done then the best thing to do is contact verizon and have them reset it. I also have a family plan with 2 blackberries and one account number and I have no problems.
    04-10-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD