First of all, I searched and found a few threads on this, but responses were varied and before OS 5.0.

I consistently have to repeat myself to people I talk to on the phone, despite me hearing them perfectly fine. This probably happens in atleast half of all my conversations.

I read this may be a software issue with the mic's noise canceling set too strong for low-noise rooms, effectively canceling out my own voice. I thought that maybe it was an app I installed since I've read of some problems of that. Well, I finally wiped and upgraded to the latest OS .419 and the problem still persists.

Does anyone else have this terrible problem? Is this reason to call Verizon up and ask for a replacement? Or is this just something I have to live with on the Storm?

Also, is there any chance of paying a bit extra to upgrade to the Storm2? This will only be my 3rd Storm, but I know some retailers will let you replace a product with a newer model for the difference in price. I'm not trying to cheat the system or anything, just want to know if its doable.

Edit: Also, my case is not obstructing the mic piece. I have the nearly naked one thats just covering the back of the Storm.
    12-28-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD