I have searched and have been unable to find any recent posts about the muffled outgoing call quality on the blackberry storm and was wondering if it was resolved. I have the latest OS .148 and people are still telling me that that I sounded muffled when using the handset.
    06-24-09 02:05 PM
    Me too. Everyone I talk to says they can't hear me.
    06-24-09 02:35 PM
    same here, would like a fix
    06-24-09 02:40 PM
    I was having the same issue and found that the only thing that fixed it was to exchange the phone. Now no complaints.
    06-24-09 03:05 PM
    Try turning the enhanced audio in the phone options to OFF. For some reason it thinks your voice is some of the noise its supposed to eliminate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 03:12 PM
    Try turning the enhanced audio in the phone options to OFF. For some reason it thinks your voice is some of the noise its supposed to eliminate.

My enhanced audio has been turned off this whole time and still nothing. This is my 5th device and they have all had bad call quality. Actually, I read a post today that said to turn the Enhanced Audio to Boost treble which I tested earlier and it seems to have helped a little but not much.
    06-24-09 03:26 PM
    I, too, switched to another Verizon phone because of dropped calls/call quality. With great regret, I might add. This feature phone's call quality is much better.
    06-24-09 03:33 PM
    Simply put, it's either the mic or the noise canceling software on this phone. Noise canceling is turned off automatically when using BT or speaker phone. That is why sound quality is so much better using BT or speakerphone. If it was a simple OS problem, it would have been fixed by RIM with .148. My bet is it's a hardware problem with a poorly designed mic, which can not be fixed. Either way, it's a sign of very poor RIM QC on this phone. Something they should be ashamed of.
    06-24-09 03:55 PM
    Simply put, it's either the mic or the noise canceling software on this phone. Noise canceling is turned off automatically when using BT or speaker phone. That is why sound quality is so much better using BT or speakerphone. If it was a simple OS problem, it would have been fixed by RIM with .148. My bet is it's a hardware problem with a poorly designed mic, which can not be fixed. Either way, it's a sign of very poor RIM QC on this phone. Something they should be ashamed of.
    You can try: phone app>bb key>options>general options>enhanced handset call audio>boost treble.

Some people have said it solves the problem.
    06-24-09 03:58 PM
    I've had this issue before, but the weird thing is mostly been with other people who have older blackberrys so I always thought it was just their phones, no one else has said a word about not hearing me clearly.
    06-24-09 04:16 PM
    You can try: phone app>bb key>options>general options>enhanced handset call audio>boost treble.

Some people have said it solves the problem.
    That only boosts the treble in the earpiece. It does not boost treble on the mic. That is a common misperception. It's just a placebo effect.
    06-24-09 04:20 PM
    Its not the mic, the nic works fine in speakerphone mode. Its definitely the software.

06-24-09 05:32 PM
    yeah, i was having the same problem with mine... but since my camera wasn't working i took my phone in and they just handed me a new one and now i haven't heard a complaint... everyone can seem to hear me. maybe take it in and ask them what they can do
    06-24-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD