I'll try to explain this the best I can...I was using the 8330 Curve from VZ and recently switched to the Storm, assuming I can just switch out memory cards from one phone to the other. Pix and videos are fine going through the 'Media' option on the BB menu. But when it comes to ringtones, none of them show up via 'Media' -> Ring Tones -> My Ring Tones. If you go to 'Media' -> BB Button -> Explore...i can navigate to them fine. Is there anyway for them to get categorized to the 'Media' menu? If i go somewhere like myxer.com and download and save them, they go straight into the Media menu. Don't tell me i have to delete all my ring tones and start over...but if that's the solution, I'm cool with it. Thanks!
    07-01-09 10:12 AM
    I'll try to explain this the best I can...I was using the 8330 Curve from VZ and recently switched to the Storm, assuming I can just switch out memory cards from one phone to the other. Pix and videos are fine going through the 'Media' option on the BB menu. But when it comes to ringtones, none of them show up via 'Media' -> Ring Tones -> My Ring Tones. If you go to 'Media' -> BB Button -> Explore...i can navigate to them fine. Is there anyway for them to get categorized to the 'Media' menu? If i go somewhere like myxer.com and download and save them, they go straight into the Media menu. Don't tell me i have to delete all my ring tones and start over...but if that's the solution, I'm cool with it. Thanks!
    ummm you may even be able to plug your phone in to the computer veiw as mass storage and manually move them from the folder they were in to the folder you want them in
    07-01-09 10:15 AM
    already did that. I have Mass storage mode support and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connect turned ON. I transferred my files from my old 2GB card to the 8GB that was sent with the BB.
    07-01-09 10:19 AM
    already did that. I have Mass storage mode support and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connect turned ON. I transferred my files from my old 2GB card to the 8GB that was sent with the BB.
    did you put them in the folders under the blackberry folder? when you look at it as a mass storage you will see something like blackberry, photo's, etc etc...if you open the blackberry you will see the same folders again did you put them in there or the ones outside of the blackberry folder?
    07-01-09 10:22 AM
    yes, i just dragged and dropped the BB folder from the 2GB to the 8GB...i looked in all folders before doing this as well, to make sure nothing was different.
    07-01-09 10:24 AM
    I am not sure then it sounds like the problem i had when i ddint put things in the blackberry folder so I dont know
    07-01-09 10:30 AM
    Thanks for trying...It kinda sounds like a confusing issue, but I'll probably start downloading the ringers over again.
    07-01-09 10:32 AM
    have you tried putting them on the computer formating the card and then opening each folder and copying just the files?
    07-01-09 10:41 AM
    I've formatted the card via the phone, but not the PC, either my card reader or adapter is bad. I might try this though;

1. Save files
    2. Format Card via phone
    3. Drop files into folders instead of replaces the folders.

Never know, right?
    07-01-09 10:46 AM
    thats what i was trying to tell you to do move the files into the folders dont replace the folders...thats what i had to do anyhow
    07-01-09 10:49 AM
    That got it. What a relief...thank you
    07-01-09 11:04 AM
    hey no problem glad i could help
    07-01-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD