The specific question is in Bold.

Back in January, I was one of the first in Canada to get the Blackberry Storm here in Canada. There were already a ton of YouTube videos of people in the US who had used the device, and most opinions were positive, especially when it came to its innovation. I put my name on the waiting list and was the first in Newfoundland to get my hands on it. Seeing as how my Pearl had recently died, I was eager to get a Blackberry in my hands. I really didn't try it out much before buying it.

Long story short, I don't like it. I hate how the accelerometer switched screens when I don't want it to, I hate how the screen makes it difficult to type accurately, and I hate how I have to "mod"* it to make the screen click correctly. It's time for a change.

When the Tour is released on my carrier on the 14th, I plan on getting it. It'll be nice to have a keyboard and trackball again. My only problem is that I'm not sure of the best way to transfer all of my picture/music/apps/emails/contacts to the new device. I would use DM's Switch to a New Device feature, or whatever it's called, but I have to sell the Storm before I buy the Tour. If I backup the Storm before I sell it, then try to restore it on the Tour, will it be compatible? Will it work?

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I could find an exact answer in the forum search. Most are switching to the same kind of device.

Thanks in advance.

Murl3y

*To clarify, by "mod", I simply mean that I have to put stuff under the battery door to make the screen click better. Not cool.
    07-10-09 08:41 PM
    theres been plenty of these threads in the Tour fourm on here, a lot of people are getting into the Tour from the storm and have asked the same question you have.

all you have to do is use DSW on desktop manager. first thing you do is plug the storm in, wait until it says to hook up the new phone (tour) and everything you have on the storm will be transfered into the Tour. As for the 8gig memory card, just slide it into the tour and all your pictures show up right away.. very easy to do

I would recomend you visit the Tour fourm on here as there are many many people dumping the storm for the tour which has some good information you might be interested in
    07-10-09 08:44 PM
    Just run a backup on the Storm. When you get the Tour you can restore with no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD