I put a full length movie on my storm with no problem. The picture and sound are outstanding...however it didn't load full screen. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 03:50 PM
    i have the dark knight on my phone, AMAZING quality and full screen... you probably set the resolution wrong... theres a thread somewhere that gives directions on using ANYdvd and clonedvd mobile, i followed those easy directions and got the movie on my phone no problem- full screen.
    01-05-09 03:54 PM
    What resolution settings did you use to make the movie?
    01-05-09 03:54 PM
    i used 454x320... heres the thread i previously talked about:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f66/sim...nshots-119737/
    01-05-09 04:01 PM
    guys click my sig and at the bottom of the post there are 2 helpfull links.
    01-05-09 04:01 PM
    I use DVDfab and Handbrake. Works great. DVDfab will copy your DVD to your hard drive. Then use Handbrake to encode to a mp4 file. Just select the ipone and your ready to go. There is a thread here somewhere for the exact procedure.
    01-05-09 04:02 PM
    i have the dark knight on my phone, AMAZING quality and full screen... you probably set the resolution wrong... theres a thread somewhere that gives directions on using ANYdvd and clonedvd mobile, i followed those easy directions and got the movie on my phone no problem- full screen.
    I didn't see any resolution option. Where would I have seen that? I just downloaded a mp4 version off the internet and moved it over to SD card

01-05-09 04:49 PM
    I didn't see any resolution option. Where would I have seen that? I just downloaded a mp4 version off the internet and moved it over to SD card

thats probably your problem, the mp4 version probably already has the resolution set. i had to rip my dvd to my harddrive, then from there i chose if i wanted letterbox or half screen (which i used and it fills the screen), the resolution, quality, etc.. though it took roughly over an hour, its very worth it. transferred to the phone in under 2 minutes, too.
    01-05-09 04:54 PM
    I used the full verison of DVDFab5 with the mobile support and I chose the iPhone/iTouch settings and the DVD I ripped looks awesome. It's full screen with no spaces on the left and right side of the screen but there are black bars (the normal widescreen format type) at the top and bottom.

As another poster stated, it may have been ripped at the wrong resolution.
    01-05-09 04:59 PM
    Oh okay. Ill try that. That fine cause it took over 4 hrs easy to put it in my phone. Is that dvd ripper free? Thanks a lot for the help everyone

01-05-09 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD