When I got the Blackberry storm I had about 80 pictures transfered from my previous cell to the Blackberry. They were put in the device memory . I need to find a way to get these pictures off my phone, preferably all at once. I do not have a "select all" option, so I have not been able to figure out how to transfer pictures from my device memory to my san disk micro memory in an efficient manner, or really at all. If there is another way to get pictures from my device memory onto my mac computer please let me know (sans emailing)! I hear there is a hack for this..? Thank you so much!
    07-08-09 04:04 PM
    To move them one by one from device memory to your SD card: Highlight pic (once you're in the media section), BB menu> Move> Memory Card> Move Here.

There may be a faster way to move a group of them, but if not, this works too.
    07-08-09 04:24 PM
    you can also do it thru DM
    07-08-09 04:34 PM
    mass storage mode when connected to computer?
    07-08-09 04:53 PM
    i use the Media Manager so i can do multiple files and its a lil quicker.

Its in the DM
    07-08-09 06:39 PM
    The OP said he's on a Mac. No DM for Mac, unless you've got a Windows boot setup. Also, using Mass Storage Mode on a Mac only detects the media card; the Mac is still apparently unable to mount the internal memory as a drive.
    Last edited by kf6tac; 07-08-09 at 07:23 PM.
    07-08-09 07:19 PM
    The OP said he's on a Mac. No DM for Mac, unless you've got a Windows boot setup. Also, using Mass Storage Mode on a Mac only detects the media card; the Mac is still apparently unable to mount the internal memory as a drive.
    Not always. Sometimes my macbook detects both Blackberry1 and Blackberry2. Most of the time, however, it only detects Blackberry2.

OP, be sure to enable mass media in Options>Media on the Storm, and keep trying. If you get both BB1 and BB2 mounted, it's a simple matter of dragging and dropping from 1 into 2.

Other than that, you're stuck moving one at a time from internal to sd card.

EDIT: Just for giggles I just plugged mine in again, Lo and behold both drives showed up. In BB1 you want the Home>User>Pictures folder. On BB2 it's simply blackberry>pictures.
    Last edited by skwij; 07-08-09 at 07:50 PM.
    07-08-09 07:45 PM
    You could use BBFileScout to zip the folder, move it to the storage card then uncompress it wherever as well if you can't get it to work on Mac.
    07-08-09 08:53 PM
    Help! Somehow all my media files went to my sim card and I cannot play them from my media. How do I get them back on my music icon? And all my ringtones, pictures and etc aren't there either
    Last edited by rangercollins; 07-08-09 at 09:04 PM. Reason: add on
    07-08-09 09:01 PM
    Not always. Sometimes my macbook detects both Blackberry1 and Blackberry2. Most of the time, however, it only detects Blackberry2.

OP, be sure to enable mass media in Options>Media on the Storm, and keep trying. If you get both BB1 and BB2 mounted, it's a simple matter of dragging and dropping from 1 into 2.

EDIT: Just for giggles I just plugged mine in again, Lo and behold both drives showed up. In BB1 you want the Home>User>Pictures folder. On BB2 it's simply blackberry>pictures.
    Heh. Sounds like it's like trying to roll a 3 on a 20-sided die. I don't normally use a Mac for my BlackBerry (I own one, but why use a Mac to sync/update etc. when you have a PC?), so I just kind of figured that whatever my Mac did when I plugged my BlackBerry in was the way it always worked. I guess there's a chance.
    07-08-09 11:09 PM
    This is correct. It does not detect the DM on my Mac.
    07-09-09 01:20 AM

that is so interesting! I would kill for that to happen on my comp! Mass media is enabled and still does not work. I have a MacBook and I am running Leopard and all I do is directly plug my blackberry up with a usb cord... but only 1 drive appears not 2! What is different for you?! Do you have a different blackberry or operating system on the mac? Or are you just magical??!
    my bb is 4.7.0.148, do you think that would make the difference?
    Last edited by mjoy49; 07-09-09 at 01:27 AM.
    07-09-09 01:24 AM
    You could use BBFileScout to zip the folder, move it to the storage card then uncompress it wherever as well if you can't get it to work on Mac.
    This makes 50% sense to me... tell me more...
    07-09-09 01:28 AM
    that is so interesting! I would kill for that to happen on my comp! Mass media is enabled and still does not work. I have a MacBook and I am running Leopard and all I do is directly plug my blackberry up with a usb cord... but only 1 drive appears not 2! What is different for you?! Do you have a different blackberry or operating system on the mac? Or are you just magical??!
    my bb is 4.7.0.148, do you think that would make the difference?
    White 2007 Macbook, Leopard 10.5.7, and OS 4.7.0.122 on the Berry. As I said, MOST times only BB2 is accessible. Try restarting the phone (either via quickpull or a battery pull) and set the Media on the Berry to Prompt.

I've also found that using a powered hub rather than the onboard USB ports seems to make a difference. I didn't like the way .148 ran on my phone, so ditched it and went back to .122, but I believe 2 drives did occasionally show up when I was running that OS, too.
    07-09-09 06:11 AM
    This makes 50% sense to me... tell me more...
    On the front page of the blogs there's a post about BBFileScout being updated. Download that OTA on your device and once you've got it running, browse to the folder where all of the data is you want to move. You can compress the folder, move the zip file to the storage device then uncompress it where you want it.

I don't think I could sit there and do them individually all day myself. The only downside is that it MIGHT take some time to compress/uncompress.

Good luck!
    07-09-09 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD