... is this normal? I noticed that when my alarm goes off to wake me up in the morning, bedside mode gets turned off (and I am of course then barraged with emails, text messages and messenger texts)...

is there a way I can stop this so bedside stays active until I manually disable it?
    02-12-09 05:59 AM
    ...or perhaps the only way to do this is turning off the radio manually?...
    02-12-09 06:04 AM
    ... is this normal? I noticed that when my alarm goes off to wake me up in the morning, bedside mode gets turned off (and I am of course then barraged with emails, text messages and messenger texts)...

is there a way I can stop this so bedside stays active until I manually disable it?
    I have been dealing with this as well. Bedside mode should stay on until it is specifically turned off, not after the alarm goes off, that is the worst time for bedside to turn off. I just try and turn bedside mode back on real fast before the emails and texts start pouring in, but that is a pain so early in the morning.
    02-12-09 07:04 AM
    My alarm is setup to go off on weekdays at 5:00 am. It doesn't disable bedside mode until I click the screen and select it or hit the hardware back button. (as a matter of a fact I am at work now and it was still in bedside mode when I checked. I must just pulled it off the cradle without changing it this morning, but I have checked messages and enabled my Day profile )

My setup:

1. Bedside only Dims the display and turns off the LCD.
    2. Custom Sound Profile (called Night) disables all alerts except Phone Calls. (I made this profile in .75 or .76 before they fixed the "Phone Calls Only" profile that came on the phone.)

That way I can also use the Night profile as a Silent that only blinks the LED. I just don't trust the profiles that came on the phone because I have no control over them...

Hope this helps.
    02-12-09 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD