I am sad to say, yesterday morning my Storm passed away. Yup, that's right my beautiful Storm has kicked the bucket. I wake up yesterday and its locked up displaying a missed call. I do a battery pull and the phone just kept reseting itself and never would get to the home screen. It was just keep turning itself off and on. Took it to 2 stores to see if they could revive it to no avail. My replacement Storm is supposed to be delivered tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. Thing that sucks is my first Storm ran smooth, no clicking issues, no lags, super clear display, perfect touch...and it gone. I've held the Storms with the hard to click around the edges. If my replacement is like that it just won't do. I'll keep sending them back until I get one that clicks perfectly around the entire screen like my last one.

Thank you for your time and prayers.
    12-15-08 12:11 AM
    Have you tried to nuke the OS and reload it?
    12-15-08 12:14 AM
    It won't stay on long enough for me to do anything. Any tricks?
    12-15-08 12:16 AM
    I would cry......seriously
    Have you tried to nuke the OS and reload it?

exactly what I was thinking..

if the hardware is good your better off trying anything to get that baby working again
    That's sad to hear. I'm getting a replacement because of the troubles. I hope they get there sh*t straight and make quality phones.
    I really love this phone.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 12:18 AM
    exactly what I was thinking..

if the hardware is good your better off trying anything to get that baby working again
    How do you nuke this bad boy if I can't get it to stay on? It starts up and the clock is spinning in the middle like a normal reboot. Then it turns off and just keeps doing that over and over and over.
    12-15-08 12:19 AM
    this is what yah do ...... stomp on it over and over and over until it works !
    12-15-08 12:22 AM
    theres a procedure on here some where from CX that explains how you can connect to it while its going through the reboot loop, and be able to reinstall the os. you have to use JL commander
    12-15-08 12:22 AM
    theres a procedure on here some where from CX that explains how you can connect to it while its going through the reboot loop, and be able to reinstall the os. you have to use JL commander
    JL commander?
    12-15-08 12:24 AM
    12-15-08 12:25 AM
    12-15-08 12:25 AM
    lol ok so its not commander, somethin like that though
    12-15-08 12:27 AM
    Thanks all!! I will try some of these nuked remedies.
    12-15-08 12:30 AM
    Let us know how it goes... Hoping all is well for ya!
    12-15-08 12:34 AM
    yeah no prob, you might have to skip down to the middle of the page for "part 2" of the wipe procedure to be able to connect to your storm when its rebooting
    12-15-08 12:35 AM
    HOLY $HIT it worked!! Good call guys and thanks a million for the help. I just need to get it reactivated. Quick question, if I do a restore will it restore whatever locked it up to begin with??
    12-15-08 12:59 AM
    HOLY $HIT it worked!! Good call guys and thanks a million for the help. I just need to get it reactivated. Quick question, if I do a restore will it restore whatever locked it up to begin with??

if the restore contains the problem it very well could..

it all depends on what the backup was

you might want to start fresh..
    12-15-08 01:05 AM
    Trying to reactivate my revived Storm but cannot access My Account page on VZW. Can anyone access their acct?
    12-15-08 01:59 AM
    Trying to reactivate my revived Storm but cannot access My Account page on VZW. Can anyone access their acct?

from handset..

options>advanced options> host routing table

then click bb menu and hit register now..

if that doesn't do anything you can try *228

as far as the website access i think you need to create the account and it can send the password to your sms inbox..

usually your login name is your phonenumber..

as far as setting up your bis email..
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

if you dont have a account on that site try to create one if that doesnt work..

call *611

once you have a account on that site you can send service books at will
    12-15-08 02:34 AM
    my STORM came back from the dead...all daylong I had to battery pull because the screen would go black and i would get some weird static like blocks on my keyboard. Finally, the battery pull did not work and the Storm was dead...I cannot be without a phone so I was planning on marching into Verizon demanding the Omnia...but somehow, the great Cellular God in the sky saw fit to get my Storm lighting up again and for the time being, it works...plan on calling Verizon for a replacement tomorrow.
    12-15-08 04:05 AM
    I think i'm gonna call tomorrow for a replacement as well. I'm thinking i've got the edge click issues but lately when i'm texting in landscape mode the camera will just turn on...not hittin the cam button or anything. irritating to say the least... I love the features of having a blackberry, but i kinda wish i'd waited to see some more reviews about the hardware/software issues.
    12-15-08 04:13 AM
    God Bless this Storm....
    12-15-08 04:34 AM
    There's the Jesus phone, but your phone's one step up from that in the miracle department: The Buddha phone, able to reincarnate and stay on Earth!
    12-15-08 05:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD