could anyone point me to a good list of mobile designed websites.
    I know a few (digg, the onion, cnet and a couple others). I'm looking to broaden my horizons . i googled it and pulled up a few lists but half of the ones i tested were broken links.
    Thanks
    02-22-09 01:50 PM
    first google result is a pretty good starting point

Mobile Websites - Cantoni.mobi
    02-22-09 01:56 PM
    i did the same search came up with the same site. i read it from top to bottom 2 out of the three links that most interested me came back with errors.(i tried multiple browsers) I was just hoping someone had a good list they used all the time that would make my search faster. No big deal i'm sure i'll find a nice current one out there somewhere.
    Thanks,
    Austin
    02-22-09 02:09 PM
    ?

I tested about 30 (including most of the business section) and didn't find one dead link.
    02-22-09 02:41 PM
    Some sites built for the iPhone work on our browser. One I use is weather.com
    Http://xhtml.weather.com/xhtml/cc/60638

That's for Chicago. Just replace ur city with ur zip

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 02:49 PM
    ?

I tested about 30 (including most of the business section) and didn't find one dead link.
    not sure maybe i've got something wrong. Try digg and let me know if you don't mind? I tried it with chrome and got an rss error tried it with ie and got a 404 error . i'm going back to look at the site now. I assumed it was an old list and that some of the sites had been changed or abandoned. Maybe it's on my end. Thanks for updating me
    Austin

edit* just went back onion was 404, film-tv was a redirect to a parked site, ask me how was "ie cannot display" (i picked that one at random)
    Last edited by excess; 02-22-09 at 03:17 PM. Reason: update
    02-22-09 03:04 PM
    Onion (drop the /content)

Onion Mobile Home

digg

m.digg.com

askmenow - site is down
    Last edited by nightfishing; 02-22-09 at 03:44 PM.
    02-22-09 03:40 PM
    Enter a URL

Strips down normal web pages and turns them into mobile ones. I actually made this my home page.
    02-22-09 03:54 PM
    Enter a URL

Strips down normal web pages and turns them into mobile ones. I actually made this my home page.
    Awesome thanks

02-22-09 04:05 PM
    NYTimes
    CNN
    Fox
    Engadget
    CrackBerry
    Facebook
    Weather, almost all are mobile
    TV Guide
    Men's Health
    02-22-09 04:19 PM
    Lifehacker has a great mobile site...

Some other ones randomly are slickdeals.net. Youtube. Gmail. Pretty much any major news site.

02-22-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD