Hello everyone. I did alot of searching and I couldn't find any articles on this topic. Basically, I'm trying to get my mobile network to turn off. I work in a place where I don't get a signal at all. And like all my previous phones, I put it on "airplane mode" to conserve battery.

This is an unlocked storm, I use it on AT&T network. I used this forum to get internet services, MMS, etc. working on the phone, which works GREAT! Prior to updating my OS to 5.0, I was able to turn off the mobile network.

After updating the OS to 5.0, (and going to work the next day) I noticed that when I press mobile network, the check in the box goes away for a second, then comes back automatically. The place where ON/OFF appears, the ON fades for a second, then comes back on. The top of the screen then shows "searching for GSM", then later says "no service" and I have a nice little "x" in the place bars would normally appear if I had a signal.

I've tried everything I know, I'm sure there's something I'm missing. Under mobile network options, I have Network Selection Mode: Automatic, Network Technology: GSM/UMTS, Network Mode: 3G & 2G, just as the directions stated for setting up for Data Plan services.

Any ideas?
    11-28-09 10:42 PM
    You should be able to go into "Manage Connections" and then "Turn All Connections Off". I've never had it automatically come back on. Usually I just turn off the data to save battery when its low("Mobile Network Options", toggle "Data Services" to Off).

Not sure why it would toggle back on for you.

Edit: I know it actually waits for the connections to die before the box visually unchecks. Is there a chance your hitting it twice trying to get it to uncheck and then it disconnects and reconnects?
    Last edited by brerfrog; 11-28-09 at 11:56 PM.
    11-28-09 11:53 PM
    Yep, I tried that too, everything toggles, even the signal area (where the bars are) says off, but for a second, then everything comes back on.
    11-28-09 11:57 PM
    Weird, I toggled mine off and its stayed out. The title changes to "Restore Connections" and has remained off the past few minutes. I have plenty of things that would try and connect (Google Talk, Maps, etc) so its not a problem of an app trying to call for the Mobile Network and the phone automatically reconnecting to satisfy the call. Don't know what to suggest, I'm sure you've tried a battery pull... sorry.
    11-29-09 12:02 AM
    You are a genius and I'm an *****. I can't believe I didn't think of it before. When you talked about all the "things that would try to connect..." that got me thinking of all the crap I recently put on my Storm. I just fixed it, took off whatever it was and now it works like it's supposed to. Thanks for your remarks and replies.
    11-29-09 12:20 AM
    That is really weird, none of my apps seems to override the Network Connection settings. Do you know what app had that ability? Glad it worked out in the end.
    11-29-09 12:30 AM
    Not sure what app it was. I downloaded many things from crackberry. Thanks anyway.
    11-29-09 01:06 AM
    So what....you removed ALL your apps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD