I was wondering aside from the Blackberry Browser what mobile browsers people are using on their storms and which ones are the most compatiable with the storm. Thanks!
    02-16-09 01:24 PM
    I've got two other browsers on my Storm... Opera Mini and Bolt. With the .103 update though, the BB Browser is actually faster than both of them, and I'm going to get rid of Opera Mini.

The ONLY reason I'm going to keep one (it was a tossup which one to keep) is because the BB Browser won't let you download large files, but Bolt and Opera Mini will. Neither of them have a Storm-specific version available, so learning to not click can be a little strange.
    02-16-09 01:29 PM
    Yea, I have both Opera Mini and Bolt on my phone. I use Opera Mini more though because I feel it's a little more refined as Bolt is still in Beta.
    02-16-09 01:33 PM
    [QUOTE=drjay868;1695318]I've got two other browsers on my Storm... Opera Mini and Bolt. With the .103 update though, the BB Browser is actually faster than both of them, and I'm going to get rid of Opera Mini. [QUOTE]

Opposite for me, I didn't have much use for Opera with .99 and .75, now since being on .103, Opera is MUCH faster than the BBb.

Heh, go figure.
    02-16-09 01:41 PM
    Personally, I think that the Bolt browser is the simplest to use and fastest
    browser on blackberry right now. I have it on my fone and love it. Beats the iphone and Iphone 3G. My friends and I performed the speed test, and now i'm proud to say that they hate and are selling their iphones. Any buyers??
    02-16-09 01:47 PM
    Personally, I think that the Bolt browser is the simplest to use and fastest
    browser on blackberry right now. I have it on my fone and love it. Beats the iphone and Iphone 3G. My friends and I performed the speed test, and now i'm proud to say that they hate and are selling their iphones. Any buyers??
    I have been very interested in these different web browsers because I constantly compare the load time and quality of my storm to my friend's iPhone 3G and he KILLS me every time.

What OS are you using with the Bolt browser?
    02-16-09 04:38 PM
    I have BB Browser to download OTA's and Opera Mini for surfing. Though the BB version is quite fast now with .103, my Opera Mini is still beating it. And yes, there is a slight learning curve since you no longer have to click the screen.
    02-16-09 04:54 PM
    does anyone know how to get bolt browser? i had it sent to my email and clicked to link to get it and nothing loads its blank.
    02-16-09 05:03 PM
    Using Bolt browser as I type this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 05:44 PM
    Go to BoltBrowser.com and they will E-mail you a promotional code link for the Beta Version download.
    02-16-09 06:24 PM
    Go to boltbrowser.com fill out the form if it asks for an invitation type in crackberry it may still work and wait for an e-mail to dowmload on bb. I know several people that said they still got it working recently. I really like the bolt but with .103 i am also finding the bb browser really fast too.....
    02-16-09 06:27 PM
    I haven't tried bolt yet BBC I did not think it would work well with the storm ill try it now though. I currently use opera mini and thE stock browser. I keep them both open and swap between the two because each has its advantages. I lean on opera .ini though more heavily. Bb browser is better for news/blogs/forums. Opera kicks its *** though on everything else.

Not having used bolt:if you are surfing wap sites, go bb. If the sites has images or is standard go opera. Best bet is to run them in parralell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 06:37 PM
    I'm running .75 so BBB still isn't speedy enough for me in some instances. I still use BBB most of the time.

Which is why I have Bolt in case I need to load super quickly. I don't see what all the hubbub is about Opera Mini.

I eagerly await the day BBB matches Bolt in speed or Bolt/Opera release a Storm-specific version of their browser.
    02-16-09 06:41 PM
    Bolt browser hands down is the best browser for the storm. Hopefully they'll come out with a storm specific sometime soon.
    02-16-09 06:45 PM
    I use bolt and the BB browser, what I like about bolt is that it loads pages very very very quickly. I tend to use it if I'm just looking for something quick.

I'm still not sure how to enter URLs into opera mini...
    02-16-09 06:53 PM
    By reading the forums here, I just discovered the Bolt Browser and boy is it going to make browsing the Internet on my storm a lot more fun and easy. It's more like a desktop browser. I really like it!!!:
    08-06-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD