I don�t know how many of you play MMO�s here, but I�ve had an eerie chill go down my spine with our current phone situation. It�s the whole �iPhone vs. Storm� thing. It�s so damn similar to what�s going on in the MMO world. The comparison is going to be �World of Warcraft vs. <Insert failed MMO challenger here>�.

A few games that I�ve given my hopes up for didn�t cut the mustard like �Age of Conan� and �Warhammer�. It was clearly the game developers fault for releasing a buggy software product way before it was ready. This caused many of the games supporters and fan base to abandon them with no chance for redemption.

Now, none of these game developers have a reputation as large as RIM�s but none the less. Millions of dollars was flushed down the ****ter. I�m not saying that I�m going to chuck my storm and get an iPhone � Fack that, I love my storm � There� s just so many things similar here. I�m just wondering if anyone is noticing the same thing?
    01-28-09 12:25 AM
    Are you for real?
    Put the mouse down NOW and take the dog outside for a walk...
    COme back type in... say good by and type: QUIT GUILD and cancel that WoW accnt. man...
    01-28-09 12:38 AM
    what server? lmao
    01-28-09 12:38 AM
    Hey...what about Spore?

*ducks and runs*
    01-28-09 12:40 AM
    80 mage ftw

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 12:42 AM
    Are you for real?
    COme back type in... say good by and type: QUIT GUILD and cancel that WoW accnt. man...
    ROFL! ... already done that months ago ... I refuse to play wow or "get an iphone" just because its the popular thing ... for now
    01-28-09 12:44 AM
    Are you for real?
    LOL, don�t hate on him like that His elf lord might spite you!
    zeiroe, do a search on the site. I believe I remember someone else posting about "WOW". I think you might get a better response and understanding in that thread.
    01-28-09 12:50 AM
    While I see what you are getting at, the phone industry and online gaming industry are vastly different. MMOs are not for everyone, phones typically are. That's without getting into different carriers, plans, etc.
    01-28-09 12:56 AM
    this was an interesting comparison but i like it......first of all BB/Storm has yet to really show what the phone can do....devs are only starting to use the accelerometer (spelled wrong probably) in games/apps, the App store or app world or w/e is still being agregated, a true plasmic isnt out yet, and yet amazing themes, apps and so forth are still being put out via forums.....the storm is gaining ground on a phone that has been available for years, and it hasnt even stretched its legs yet.......and what the storm has going for it over any MMO competing against WoW (i cant believe i am doing this comparison) is that it is not mimicing the iphone; it is a more proffessional phone with mainly usable-non junk apps for actual uses beyond fun and games. i feel that the storm is taking the adult road while the iphone is for rich high school kids that want the next "cool" thing......

i would say simply that adults get storms for a little bit of fun in their proffessional/mature life and kids get iphones.....my friend got an iphone at the end of freshman year in college and he is tossing it for a bold now (we are juniors)....it doesnt have as many real, practical uses IMO.

Hopefully i didnt stab anyone with anything there, overall i feel the storm and iphone are like an xbox and a wii.....they arent really comparable save they are both phones with touch qualities......just like xbox/wii are both consoles with controllers.
    03-15-09 11:53 AM
    Are you for real?
    LMFAO hes kinda got a point though, in a strange way
    03-15-09 12:48 PM
    this was an interesting comparison but i like it......first of all BB/Storm has yet to really show what the phone can do....devs are only starting to use the accelerometer (spelled wrong probably) in games/apps, the App store or app world or w/e is still being agregated, a true plasmic isnt out yet, and yet amazing themes, apps and so forth are still being put out via forums.....the storm is gaining ground on a phone that has been available for years, and it hasnt even stretched its legs yet.......and what the storm has going for it over any MMO competing against WoW (i cant believe i am doing this comparison) is that it is not mimicing the iphone; it is a more proffessional phone with mainly usable-non junk apps for actual uses beyond fun and games. i feel that the storm is taking the adult road while the iphone is for rich high school kids that want the next "cool" thing......

i would say simply that adults get storms for a little bit of fun in their proffessional/mature life and kids get iphones.....my friend got an iphone at the end of freshman year in college and he is tossing it for a bold now (we are juniors)....it doesnt have as many real, practical uses IMO.

Hopefully i didnt stab anyone with anything there, overall i feel the storm and iphone are like an xbox and a wii.....they arent really comparable save they are both phones with touch qualities......just like xbox/wii are both consoles with controllers.
    DEFINETELY!
    03-15-09 12:48 PM
    I would really like to see a few of the MMo type games for the Storm. I love my storm but also love the games like mafia wars, vampires and all these types of games like on facebook and/or myspace. The Storm would be all to perfect in my eyes then
    06-23-09 09:29 PM
    Just say no to Mafia Wars on the Storm.
    06-23-09 09:44 PM
    has anyone signed up on My Brute

its not really an mmo, you basically create a brute, and battle other players brute online. It's totally simulated though, no choice in powers they get, or stuff like that, and you only can fight like 3 times a day and participate in tournaments. Its actually kinda fun and they made an app for the iphone, figured a game like this would be fun if any genius wants to make one similar for the storm.

maybe ability to choose your fighters class or fighter or something

06-23-09 10:06 PM
    How about an MMO with a version for both the BB and the iPhone. The game would be a GPS enabled 'capture the flag' played in meatspace.
    iPhone team vs BB team.
    Let the smackdown begin!
    06-24-09 12:04 AM
    Did we forget about Evercrack, I mean Everquest?
    06-24-09 09:53 AM
    Damn that was well put . Thanks.... So tired of wasted space on what is better . Need more focus on how we can become more familiar with what we have .
    06-24-09 12:36 PM
    How about an MMO with a version for both the BB and the iPhone. The game would be a GPS enabled 'capture the flag' played in meatspace.
    iPhone team vs BB team.
    Let the smackdown begin!
    Cool Cool!
    06-24-09 09:29 PM
    Did we forget about Evercrack, I mean Everquest?
    And waste another year and a half? "shudders"

I do miss that game... **** addictions! :P

06-25-09 12:37 AM
    And waste another year and a half? "shudders"

I do miss that game... **** addictions! :P

Heh, wow I just saw this..

What's EverQuest?

(Xilly Somnambulist, 80 Shaman, Cazic-Thule - Retired from active playing in 2007.)
    Last edited by xilly; 08-21-09 at 11:52 AM.
    08-21-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD