All of my custom ringtones are missing from my Storm. I have them saved on a media card but when I go to media > ringtones, there not showing. They were there a few minutes ago. If I go to media > blackberry button > options > explore then they show up so I know they are on the card. I just cant access them from the media icon. What happened?
    05-18-09 10:12 PM
    r u connected to the computer?
    05-18-09 10:27 PM
    If you find out let me know.
    I have the exact same problem to the letter lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 10:29 PM
    I am not connected to my computer and have down three battery pulls and only one of my ringtones came back. I did a test call to my phone and my custom ring still plays so its there somwhere. Under options>explore my ringtones are listed under this path: /Media Card/Blackberry/ringtones/ but they are still not viewable from just opening the media icon
    05-18-09 10:36 PM
    Known issue with the media card having indexing problems.

On your phone, go to the Media application, press BB/Menu button, click on Explore, go into your ringtones folder, press BB/Menu button, click on Show Hidden. A file named BBThumbs.dat will show up. Highlight it (don't click), press BB/Menu button, click on delete.

Back out of the Media app.

Go to Options (the main options of the BB), Memory... in Memory main screen, press BB/Menu button, click on Remove Media Card. Press BB/Menu button again, then click on Install Memory card. This should make the phone "read" the memory card again, also creating a new BBThumbs.dat file in your ringtone folder, including all of the ringtones you recently added.

From now on, BEFORE you add any kind of media to the card, delete the BBThumbs.dat file, THEN add the media. That way, when you unplug your phone from the PC and the memory card is scanned, it will automatically create the new BBThumbs.dat file with all of the new media you have added. You can delete the BBThumbs.dat file right from the PC before you start adding media... this way, you don't have to go through all of the other steps I just posted after the media is added.
    05-19-09 09:02 AM

On your phone, go to the Media application, press BB/Menu button, click on Explore, go into your ringtones folder, press BB/Menu button, click on Show Hidden. A file named BBThumbs.dat will show up. Highlight it (don't click), press BB/Menu button, click on delete.

Go to Options (the main options of the BB), Memory... in Memory main screen, press BB/Menu button, click on Remove Media Card. Press BB/Menu button again, then click on Install Memory card. This should make the phone "read" the memory card again, also creating a new BBThumbs.dat file in your ringtone folder, including all of the ringtones you recently added.

From now on, BEFORE you add any kind of media to the card, delete the BBThumbs.dat file, THEN add the media. That way, when you unplug your phone from the PC and the memory card is scanned, it will automatically create the new BBThumbs.dat file with all of the new media you have added. You can delete the BBThumbs.dat file right from the PC before you start adding media... this way, you don't have to go through all of the other steps I just posted after the media is added.
    Seven "We are not worthies" to you for figuring that out and writing it down for all of us! That should be on a sticky somewhere. There are times, very seldom, that I wish I had a PC, and one of them is when I'm dealing with my BB--it does a fine job with syncing all of my pictures, but the music situation is a mess. They are on there, but the way they are listed and sorted..oy! I'm not ready to give up my iPod, that's for sure.
    05-19-09 09:07 AM
    Seven "We are not worthies" to you for figuring that out and writing it down for all of us! That should be on a sticky somewhere. There are times, very seldom, that I wish I had a PC, and one of them is when I'm dealing with my BB--it does a fine job with syncing all of my pictures, but the music situation is a mess. They are on there, but the way they are listed and sorted..oy! I'm not ready to give up my iPod, that's for sure.
    Ha ha ha! Thank you... I will take the credit for typing it all out, but I actually learned this right here on CB from another knowledgeable user.

I agree with you about not giving up the iPod... I prefer to keep my phone and my media player separate, for a few reasons.
    05-19-09 09:09 AM
    Morf32: Gold Star!!!
    05-19-09 09:55 AM
    Morf32: Gold Star!!!
    Yay! I haven't gotten one of those since grade school! Ha ha ha!
    05-19-09 09:57 AM

It worked! Thanks! I give u a gold star too! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 12:56 PM
    haha damn thanks for the fix i was getting tired of going to explore everytime i wanted to change a ringtone i had just added now they are all on my list!!!
    05-19-09 02:31 PM
    OMGZ <3 !! But really. Thank you! I was getting a headache from all this. =P
    05-19-09 04:35 PM
    You're very welcome.
    05-19-09 05:29 PM
    Thanks for the info. I couldn't find my ringtones either.
    05-19-09 06:22 PM

hey i just wanted to say thanks for this info. theyre all where theyre supposed to be now. all 4 of them
    05-19-09 06:29 PM
    I have a bunch of ringtones missing from my storm. The difference in my case is that I store mine on the phone's internal memory. I tried deleting the BBThumbs.DAT file and pulling the battery, but the ringtones are still missing, at least some of them.

Any ideas?
    06-08-09 02:12 PM
    When I follow Morf's instructions, I wind up with the same problem I had before. Using the Desktop Manager, I go to upload new ringtones and I wind up with this error:

"No additional applications designed for your device were found."

The file extension for the ringtones I want to upload is .mp3. the file extension for the ringtones I downloaded directly to the phone is .mp3.rem and adding .rem to the .mp3 didn't help, didn't think it would but I tried it anyway.
    07-03-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD