I'm still experiencing this persistent problem, where upon boot up I'm missing my music files or only 1-7 will show up. I currently have 3.5 GBs remaining on my memory card due to loaded videos and only 66 songs in my music folder which isn't much; though disturbing since my daily QP doesn't retrieve them. This makes me have to do an additional QP or hard reset to ensure my music is avail upon request. Any logical reasons?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 11:51 AM
    What is your default video folder? On media card or on the device? Could it possibly have changed somehow?
    05-13-09 11:53 AM
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I believe all my files have been loaded on the media card since I just drag&drop files once connected to my Mac via USB.

05-13-09 11:59 AM
    Have you gone into your music folder, shown hidden files, and deleted the BBThumbs.dat folder? Do this, then reboot the phone. The phone will create a new BBThumbs.dat file and pull all of your music into it. The media card has indexing issues, so it is suggested you delete this file before putting new media in a certain folder (each folder has one of these files). Then when you unplug your phone from the computer, the phone creates a new BBThumbs.dat file and "re-indexes" your music.

Have you tried this yet?
    05-13-09 12:02 PM
    i used to have that problem. i had about 200 songs and the only way i could get half of them was to use the explore option. all the updates from .113 on though have seemed to fix this problem though.
    05-13-09 12:04 PM
    Morf.. I've done this as you've instructed me to over the weekend. The main problem isn't after initially dropping the files after USB connection but after my daily scheduled Quick Pull. I wake up in the morning to see only a few songs loaded as opposed to my preferred list of 66 causing me to reboot again to have it show. Any ideas?

05-13-09 12:15 PM
    yea that happens to me too, to fix it there are a few things you can do: the first is to open the back cover and pull out the memory card for a few seconds and reinsert it. The second its to options>memory then turn card support off and go back to the main menu (make sure to save) then go back in to the memory section and turn media card support back on, again, exit and save. Then it should work. When you go to media player there will be a bar at the bottom that says "scanning" when its done you should have all of your music.
    05-13-09 12:25 PM
    Hmmm.. Sounds like it should work as oppose to another reset. Thanks for the silver lining SilverLight.. I'll try that out.

05-13-09 12:38 PM
    Well.. I went ahead and tried turning off the media card method and initially upon turning it back on... Only 3 songs. :X

Went ahead and did it again and all are now there. Well it sure beats rebooting but question what would cause it not fully register everything on the card? Too much data or maybe a corrupted file?

05-13-09 12:47 PM
    Have you gone into your music folder, shown hidden files, and deleted the BBThumbs.dat folder? Do this, then reboot the phone. The phone will create a new BBThumbs.dat file and pull all of your music into it. The media card has indexing issues, so it is suggested you delete this file before putting new media in a certain folder (each folder has one of these files). Then when you unplug your phone from the computer, the phone creates a new BBThumbs.dat file and "re-indexes" your music.

Have you tried this yet?
    thanks for this info. I did this and the problem so far seems to have been solved.

I had watched it one time scan for and find all 776 Music files I had...found them, then started counting back until it only had 20 files...and it refused to read the rest!
    05-13-09 01:08 PM
    I have this issue on the latest leaks. Happens once after each reboot.

I go to options>memory>menu remove media card>menu install media card

It rescans the card and I have no issue untill my next reboot. Wish I had a real fix instead of this workaround....

05-13-09 01:20 PM
    I think deleting the bb thumbs.dat actually worked.

I had tried that previoussly and it didn't fix it. I deleted them from my PC though while in mass storage mode.

Deleting them directly through the file explorer in the media screen seems to be what made the difference.

05-13-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD