Hey all,
    Anyone else missing email on .85 with the Storm. I have been keeping an eye on mine, and lose at least 2 or 3 per day when I compare it to my desktop when I get home. Today I actually am missing 1/3 of them. (43 new items on my desktop, only received 29 on my Storm)
    I am new to Blackberry, and don't have anything to go on, but that seems a little ridiculous to me. Granted a few of them were spam, but several of them were emails that were relevant to me. I got a Blackberry to be able to be in contact at all times, and more than once it has let me down.....is this normal with these devices?
    01-15-09 04:56 PM
    I just noticed mine has been doing the same thing and I'm running .75. It's really getting on my nerves and can't figure it out.
    01-16-09 12:56 AM
    Don't know where I saw it, but there is a way to pul up emails in you options menu. You may have to search better for it until someone else fills in!
    01-16-09 12:58 AM
    I noticed the same thing in my Storm when I changed the setting for

SMS and Email Inboxes = COMBINED.

I would receive emails on my desktop that would never show up on the Storm. Prior to setting the inboxes to Combined, I never saw the problem.

The problem went away went I set the Inboxes option = SEPERATE.

Are you using COMBINED inboxes?

-Steven
    01-16-09 01:09 PM
    Are you using Outlook? If you are make sure you go into your account settings and check "leave a copy of message on server".
    01-16-09 01:33 PM
    I noticed the same thing in my Storm when I changed the setting for

SMS and Email Inboxes = COMBINED.

I would receive emails on my desktop that would never show up on the Storm. Prior to setting the inboxes to Combined, I never saw the problem.

The problem went away went I set the Inboxes option = SEPERATE.

Are you using COMBINED inboxes?

-Steven
    I don't have them combined.....driving me nuts!!

Are you using Outlook? If you are make sure you go into your account settings and check "leave a copy of message on server".
    I am using microsoft mail, and I do leave a copy on the server. That isn't the problem. I always get the mail on my desktop...it's not getting pushed to my Blackberry.
    01-16-09 03:01 PM
    Today I have 13 new messages in my inbox on my PC, and only received 6 new emails on my Storm.....2 were spam, but 5 were legit emails. I find this totally unacceptable!

Love the phone, but becoming increasingly disgruntled with this issue....anyone have and solve the issue????

Craig
    01-16-09 03:08 PM
    I had an similar issue earlier but was an ***** and forgot I didn't check the leave on server. I got a decent tech person on the phone with VZW. One step they did was delete my account and set it up again. The other thing they had me do was a memory wipe. It's different then a JL_CMD wipe. Back up your phone. Then go to options, security options, general settings. Press BB Button and wipe handheld. Reload your backup and register. My phone seemed to run a little smoother after all that and I received emails quicker also.
    01-16-09 03:47 PM
    Update. I know that going into Blackberry Internet Service and resending the Service Books has helped in solving various email problems. I did not notice any of the above postings mentioning that they had tried resending the Service Books. I just did that for my Combined Inboxes problem and so far I have not dropped any emails from my BB that were received in Outlook.

-Steven
    01-16-09 04:10 PM
    Update. I know that going into Blackberry Internet Service and resending the Service Books has helped in solving various email problems. I did not notice any of the above postings mentioning that they had tried resending the Service Books. I just did that for my Combined Inboxes problem and so far I have not dropped any emails from my BB that were received in Outlook.

-Steven

I will resend service books, but if I understand correctly, if this is the problem then I wouldn't receive ANY email.....I'll give it a shot though.
    01-16-09 04:24 PM
    I am not getting all my email too...I've noticed when I have my email open on my pc I don't get any email but as soon as I close it I get email on my phone. But not the ones that I received while my email was opened on my computer. Is there a setting to fix this?
    01-16-09 04:24 PM
    I am not getting all my email too...I've noticed when I have my email open on my pc I don't get any email but as soon as I close it I get email on my phone. But not the ones that I received while my email was opened on my computer. Is there a setting to fix this?
    Whatever email is being pushed to my phone comes whether I have my Outlook running or not. I haven't had the problem you're, but that wouldn't bother me quite as much as not receiving all my mail during the day while away from my PC. If I am on my PC and reading my mail, I don't need it coming to my BB.
    01-16-09 04:40 PM
    I use windows mail, not outlook. Sometimes I will forget to close my mail at home in the morning and won't get any mail on my phone all day...
    01-16-09 05:03 PM
    I use microsoft mail also...sorry, used it so long I still call it outlook. I leave mine running almost always and mail still gets pushed (whatever seems to make it) to me on my BB.
    01-16-09 05:09 PM
    This is just driving me bonkers!!!!!!Im using outlook express and i only get maybe half my email that my pc gets--Ive done battery pull ,resend booklets,have that option where they are seperate and i just change my acount settings on outlook to save copy on server and still not getting all myh email? Anybody got any suggestions or ideas? What should all my settings be for my email on phone?--thanks alot
    01-16-09 06:11 PM
    I've noticed ever since I upgraded to .86 I am having this problem.

I have a friend who emails me jokes on a daily basis. I usually leave them on the BB to show to people for a couple of days. Lately they simply disappear from the BB. Sometimes during the same day.... always overnight.

I have now set the BB to keep emails FOREVER and still are losing them.

I just tried to set Email and SMS to Separate (they were on Theme Controlled... whatever that means).
    01-16-09 06:38 PM
    I just noticed mine has been doing the same thing and I'm running .75. It's really getting on my nerves and can't figure it out.
    me tooooooooo...
    01-16-09 06:51 PM
    Ditto
    I have three Storms in my office, 2 are having no problem, 1 is missing emails. All three are being pushed from a POP3 to Outlook which remains open all day.
    01-16-09 07:47 PM
    OK, it was a simple answer in the end, and I owe Snappy_1 an apology. The settings on my desktop were not to leave a copy on server. That was the setting on my laptop.

Seems that it was all a matter of timing. Desktop was checking for new mail every 30 minutes, and if it checked before mail was pushed to BB, then it would remove from server prior to being sent to my BB.

Have it set up now to leave message on server, and automatically removed from server after 2 days. Easy enough to adjust to a longer period of time if I am away from desktop for longer.

Once again...sorry Snappy_1! Good call, and definitely my bad!
    01-16-09 11:21 PM
    Thanks, I never thought to check that. I changed my email settings and hope I start getting my mail on my BB
    02-03-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD