first, i have a storm 9350 unlocked from verizon on the att network, its been fine for 2mo.

so yesterday my wife was having an issue with none of her SMS msgs going out on her bberry so i swapped sim cards with her briefly to see if it was the phone causing the problem.. that went away when i swapped sim cards, so i swapped back

now i notice my browser is missing the storm:

i've gone to the mycingular bis site and resent the service books, nada.
    i've gone into the HRT and clicked register now, i get new registration welcome msg's but still no browser...

i restored from a backup of my bberry off my laptop, still no browser. i've pulled the battery numerous times.. no success.

i called att customer support and was a little put off when the kid told me the only thing i could do is upgrade my OS to 4.5??? made no sense so i left that.

here's my question: the obvious is - anything more I can do? second, I think that ATT still has the IMEI # for my old curve.. i never called and updated with them when i changed to the storm, does this make a difference? should i tell them im using an unlocked storm? will they immediately just go oops sorry no support for you bye?

any help would be much appreciated.
    03-08-09 07:56 PM
    first, i have a storm 9350 unlocked from verizon on the att network, its been fine for 2mo.

so yesterday my wife was having an issue with none of her SMS msgs going out on her bberry so i swapped sim cards with her briefly to see if it was the phone causing the problem.. that went away when i swapped sim cards, so i swapped back

now i notice my browser is missing the storm:

i've gone to the mycingular bis site and resent the service books, nada.
    i've gone into the HRT and clicked register now, i get new registration welcome msg's but still no browser...

i restored from a backup of my bberry off my laptop, still no browser. i've pulled the battery numerous times.. no success.

i called att customer support and was a little put off when the kid told me the only thing i could do is upgrade my OS to 4.5??? made no sense so i left that.

here's my question: the obvious is - anything more I can do? second, I think that ATT still has the IMEI # for my old curve.. i never called and updated with them when i changed to the storm, does this make a difference? should i tell them im using an unlocked storm? will they immediately just go oops sorry no support for you bye?

any help would be much appreciated.
    Do you still have your Curve? If so I would try putting your SIM card back in the curve and seeing if you have a functioning browser on the curve. It sounds like you are missing a service book. You should have a service book called Blackberry Internet Browsing Service. If that is missing you can try logging into your BIS account and resending your service books since registering the HRT is not doing it.
    03-08-09 08:05 PM
    the same thing has happened to me each time i upgrade my OS but it seems to just appear after a while.
    03-08-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD