I would like to find out the Storm's access speed for the MicroSD chip.

Basically, I'm looking at getting a 16GB and I'm finding the well known brands at lower speed classes, and brands I don't recognize at high speed classes. They're all within a couple of dollars, so known quality versus speed is the main consideration. However, it would be silly to get a class 6 chip if the storm can only access at class 2 speeds.

Anybody know where there is a data sheet with the card access specs?
    10-10-09 01:50 PM
    16 GB class 6 works fine for me
    10-10-09 01:59 PM
    I dnt remember where, but it seems I remember reading that the Storm only accesses at Class 2 speeds, however somone claimed that if you get a faster card then the Storm becomes the limiting factor before the card and thus you may experience a slight increase in performance. Personally, I've had class 2 and class 6 16 GB cards in my Storm and both wrk fine, but I could never tell a difference in perforrmance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 02:38 PM
    I dnt remember where, but it seems I remember reading that the Storm only accesses at Class 2 speeds, however somone claimed that if you get a faster card then the Storm becomes the limiting factor before the card and thus you may experience a slight increase in performance. Personally, I've had class 2 and class 6 16 GB cards in my Storm and both wrk fine, but I could never tell a difference in perforrmance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is what we came up with in Feb. There were three or four threads on this topic and we found out that the device only reads a C2 speeds and, therefore, cannot read/write at any higher speeds regardless of what class of SD card you have installed.

The topic also can up about if putting your background pic into the device memory instead of the card to bypass that nanosecond of lag time necessary every time you go back to the home screen.

For that, we said that the nanosecond was a nanosecond and it wasn't a noticeable difference from the SD card or the device memory...
    10-10-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD