Wanted to know what measures you've used to actually go and keep your phone maintaining a battery. I've learned that these bateries only get 5 hours of HEAVY use.... IF that. So I wonder what settings you've changed and tweeked to cater to your phone battery. Do tell

11-29-08 12:16 AM
    carry around my wall charger. thats about it. big *** pain.
    11-29-08 12:27 AM
    I will turn off my blue tooth if I'm not using it so it doesn't waste battery searching for it. You could also tweak the back light setting and lower the # of vibrations you use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 12:27 AM
    I dont use the bluetooth at all. I know how much that thing drains. The Backlight setting I just changed to 60 from 100. Hopefully I wont strain my eyes trying to see.
    11-29-08 12:29 AM
    I dont use the bluetooth at all. I know how much that thing drains. The Backlight setting I just changed to 60 from 100. Hopefully I wont strain my eyes trying to see.
    I've found that 50 or 60% isn't really noticable, unless you're using it in very low light areas
    11-29-08 04:28 AM
    My backlight is on 10% and I could not notice a difference from that in the 60% and 70% range.
    11-29-08 04:43 AM
    my backlight is at the lowest level...not too difficult to see at all...also when i pocket my storm, i DONT lock it, but rather put it into my pocket screen outwards...that way i dont have to go through the hastle of locking/unlocking it, plus the screen doesnt usually get pressed by my thigh (two things that add up if you pocket and take out your bb a lot)...also if you dont need an app open then close it all the way.
    11-29-08 04:47 AM
    GPS - OFF
    VZ Navigator and Visual Voice Mail - DELETED
    Brightness - 30

I also allowed the battery to pretty much die (5%) in the hope that then a full 8 hours on the charger (overnight) would get the battery functioning better.

So far... not much of a difference. With all the other bugs and whatnot, the fact that my battery cant handle half a day with normal usage (a few phone calls and regular emails/texts) is the MOST disappointing so far.
    11-29-08 05:39 AM
    wow you guys are really getting this bad of a battery life?

I am like surfing the net talking talking on instant messengers jamming on bluetooth sending emails taken pictures and getting like a good 8 hours or so?

this is of course down to my regular routine of a phone though not sitting down and just playing with it for 5 hours straight..
    11-29-08 05:45 AM
    i am estatic with the battery life, i am using BES push, Bluetooth whenever iam driving, messaging, web use, gps on and i have liek 2 bars left when i put it on charge when i go to bed.

my Q would be dead by the end of the day, or dying.
    11-29-08 05:51 AM
    wow you guys are really getting this bad of a battery life?

I am like surfing the net talking talking on instant messengers jamming on bluetooth sending emails taken pictures and getting like a good 8 hours or so?

this is of course down to my regular routine of a phone though not sitting down and just playing with it for 5 hours straight..
    Nah, I just put my 2 cents in for the backlight info, since I disliked the too bright backlighting
    11-29-08 06:42 AM
    bump this post for others to see.
    12-03-08 02:09 PM
    What are you doing on your phone ClassaN0Va?

I am able to browse the web, leave instango on all day, txt message a lot and even the occasional phone call and my battery is about 30 percent by the end of the day. I have GPS on at all times also.

Programs running in background are (Phone, BB Messanger, Home, Peekawho, Browser, Messages)

If you listen to music or watch videos I would presume this is what kills the battery the most.
    12-03-08 02:20 PM
    once i moved my backlight to 30 my battery life doubled pretty much
    12-03-08 02:28 PM
    I have my backlight set to 10. I have to vibrations set unless I'm in silent mode. GPS is set to e911 only. Bluetooth is off. Backlight timeout is set to 10. I have Auto On/Off set while I am sleeping. I have it set not to pull the time off the network.

I charged up fresh for Monday at 6:00 AM and it has been off the charger since. It is now 3:30 PM at the Status says 45% remaining. I don't do any IMs on my phone, but I do handle a few emails and browse the web a bit during the day. I watch a little video and play some music on it at night.

For me, the Storm is mostly a phone, and the other capabilities are there when I need them. I don't use my phone for business ( nor would I want a business cell phone). I am on .65, waiting for an official release.
    12-03-08 02:39 PM
    backlight 10% backlight time to be off 10 sec. usb charger-work,car charger,wall charger home,spare wall charger iin glove box...the battery life sux,,,hopefully an extended one will be out soon,,,it just cant increase the size or i dont want it...
    12-03-08 02:39 PM
    Honestly, mine has gotten better the more I have used and charged it. I have my backlight at 30%, my dimmer at 20 seconds, no GPS, no Bluetooth. I probably spend about an hour a day on the web, make and receive several calls, and send numerous messages. I take the phone off the charger at 6:30AM, and by 11PM when I go to bed, I usually have roughly 35% left.
    12-03-08 02:45 PM
    I get around 12 hours of battery life and still 25% with about a half hour of web browser and a half hour of video/music watching/listening. I made several phone calls, text messaged and im'd all day, and have the gps turned off and the backlight to 60.
    12-31-08 12:18 AM
    I think that one of the biggest, yet silent, battery drain happens when your phone searches for a signal, especially a CDMA one. So even though the users from previous replies experience something like 10000 hours without a recharge, all while reading/downloading the entire library of congress with a another app extensively crunching numbers to solve a problem which eventually stdouts "42", your forever holstered 9530's battery might die out faster than theirs because you might be working in some secret lab thats located 20 miles below sea level for 8 hours a day.

So try disabling "Mobile Network" when you know that youll be in a reception-less area for an extended period.
    12-31-08 06:35 AM
    My battery sucked the first few times I charged it. I charged it last on Monday night, left it in all night, took it out yesterday morning, was playing with it quite a bit - sending texts, IMs, e-mails, looking on the internet, sending photos to myself, FaceBook etc. I left it on all night and now it's 1pm Wednesday and I have two bars left.

This was with backlight on 100 percent, too.
    12-31-08 06:55 AM
    One easy fix...turn off the vibrate mode on all of your notifications. Plain and simple. Use vibe mode only when needed. People don't get how much battery drain it takes to make that vibrate...
    12-31-08 06:59 AM
    I am on .65, waiting for an official release.
    FYI: .75 release has been official by vzw for quite some time now and (per the forum) .85 is supposed to be relased any day now
    12-31-08 07:59 AM
    The storms battery is ratEd at6 hours bvy a bigger battery I get about 8 hours and I'm a heavy user

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 08:44 AM
    GPS and BT off and backlight at 10%. I actually wish I could turn it down even lower. I have a great little app for my Nokia N810 and I could set its backlight from 0 to 100 in one percent increments! I wish there was an app like this for the Storm.
    12-31-08 09:24 AM
    GPS-OFF
    VZ Nav-DELETED
    Bluetooth-OFF
    Brightness - 30
    Holstered when not in use
    close out programs properly
    wireless radio off when definitely out of range

Battery life very good
    12-31-08 09:30 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD