every time I send a message via BB messenger to one of my contacts, it shows their status as "busy" for a few minutes. Can anyone explain this to me. It's not a big deal or anything. I'm just asking out of curiosity also to see if this happens to other people. Thanks in advance.
    05-29-09 02:25 AM
    maybe they're busy

what usually happens is there needs to be some sort of connection to their pin in order to update their status, it doesnt do this unless they write you a message, or you write them... I think thats how it works...

someone please tell me if im wrong...
    05-29-09 02:37 AM
    This occurs when you send a message and the receiver doesnt read it for atleast one minute, it then puts them in a Busy Status. This goes away once they read it.

It is nothing to worry about, just means that they havent read the message for any number of reasons.
    05-29-09 05:07 AM
    This occurs when you send a message and the receiver doesnt read it for atleast one minute, it then puts them in a Busy Status. This goes away once they read it.

It is nothing to worry about, just means that they havent read the message for any number of reasons.
    Is this actually right? im not 100% sure coz i know for a fact iv looked at a contact before iv sent them a message and they still come up 'Busy' and its not because they changed theit status themselves. I also checked to see if they had 'R' read the last message that i had sent them, which they had. I pressumed that the contact will apear busy when they are on a phone call... that would be the logical answer i rekon... i might be wrong tho myself.
    05-29-09 06:57 AM

I'm pretty sure this is how it works too. Its also possible that it shows Busy or Unavailable when they are on a call, since they won't recieve data while on an active call (for Verizon customers).
    05-29-09 07:00 AM
    FWIW ... I found these descriptions less then clear ...

http://crackberry.com/waiting-illustration

BlackBerry Messenger also updates availability statuses automatically. The Busy icon
    automatically displays when the contact is engaged in another activity. A busy icon displays when there is recent key or Track Wheel activity, the contact has received a BlackBerry Messenger notification in the last two minutes, or the contact has not read or responded to BlackBerry.

The Unreachable icon automatically displays when a contact is out of a sufficient wireless coverage area or when the contact is using the phone.
    05-29-09 07:44 AM
    Were both right then lol
    05-29-09 08:50 AM
    I actually always wondered the same thing.. Since the PIN stuff is kept in Rim I never could fig out the busy thing looking at traffic..
    05-29-09 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD