The verizon sales guy set up my phone and my wife's phone with our gmail accounts accessible via an icon. I later added my hotmail account. However, since all of my messages (emails, sms,...) from all accounts show up under the former, I don't see a need to keep the latter visible on my home screen. In fact, I could, and probably should, move it to applications and then hide it.

Is there any reason I would want to do otherwise?
    03-04-09 09:07 AM
    The only reason to keep your message icon is if your phone is still registering missed calls to that folder. To change that go to phone, hit blackberry button go to options, then call logging and change that option to none. That way you will get a seperate indicator for missed calls.
    03-04-09 09:16 AM
    Reply back on here, if that helps.
    03-04-09 09:19 AM
    Reply back on here, if that helps.
    Will do. But the messages icon is the one I want to keep. It's the one that's specifically for gmail that I want to hide/delete.
    03-04-09 10:44 AM
    Will do. But the messages icon is the one I want to keep. It's the one that's specifically for gmail that I want to hide/delete.
    easiest way to do what you want is go to messages, hit the blackberry button, go to options, general options, scroll down to sms and email inboxes, and on the drop down select combined. this will make messages your only inbox for everything and take out gmail mail icon.
    03-04-09 12:27 PM
    Well if you want it all in your message box then just hide your gmail icon and you are good to go. No benefit of keeping it showing if you keep your message icon.
    03-04-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD