Hey, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find a thread with the info I need.

With email and my Facebook app, messages and notifications have dissappeared and particualrly with Facebook notifications, the tone and led light light comes on to tell me I got a Facebook notification, the little red notification icon is in the corner of the Facebook icon but no notifications show up.

This has happened two or three times on and off and usually after a bit I start getting notifications again.

What's happening? Is this a memory issue?
    08-05-09 06:21 PM
    Try a battery pull for at least 2 minutes.
    08-05-09 07:32 PM
    I tried that. Some Facebook messages are still not coming through on my BlackBerry, but are coming through on my email on my computer.
    08-05-09 10:44 PM
    Bump!

I still have no solution for this. My Facebook messages are still being wiped every once and a while, and then notifications are not showing up either even though the tone goes off.
    08-25-09 12:28 AM
    what os are you running?
    08-25-09 01:18 AM
    What the BB came with. How do I find that out? Is it the version number?

I have v4.7.0.148 (Platform 4.0.0.181)
    08-25-09 01:21 AM
    this happens occasionally, it's the facebook app...there is an update coming soon, and that should fix it...but it's a known issue, and is annoying when it happens, but hasn't happened to me for awhile, idk...
    08-25-09 01:36 AM
    Thanks.

It didn't happen to me for ages and then suddenly happened again.

Though, it did happen to emails the first time as well...
    08-25-09 11:57 PM
    On my home screen, where the mail envelope icons are located, no "new Message" alert shows up when new mail arrives. It worked fine for days, then it just stopped last night. I tried to do a "reconcile now" to sync the read and unread emails in my two pop3 accounts and that didn't seem to work either.

How do i get the notifications back on, and what does "reconcile now" actually do?
    08-26-09 03:20 PM
    you can go to messages>options and enable the setting for message waiting icon

reconcile now = not really too much on BIS...

i'd suggest deleting your email accounts from BIS and re-adding them...make sure the service books are deleted from the phone before re-adding them, delete 'em manually if you have to...
    08-26-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD