The new storm we just got, was working fine, but now there is an envelope with a * and a 1 next to it, that won't go away. The message isn't like a normal rectangle message it is like a trapezoid rectangle (like it's leaning).

Let me know if you know how to clear it, we have tried everything
    12-16-08 12:53 PM
    Did someone you know send you a message through BB instant messenger???
    12-16-08 12:56 PM
    Yes, my husband and I use BBmessenger, but, we checked there too?
    12-16-08 12:57 PM
    I believe the slanted envelope is an sms or mms message. I've found mine beibg a little weird with recognizing when I've viewed/deleted a message too. Just go through and makes sure you've viewed them all.

Wooooo first post from my Storm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 12:58 PM
    The new storm we just got, was working fine, but now there is an envelope with a * and a 1 next to it, that won't go away. The message isn't like a normal rectangle message it is like a trapezoid rectangle (like it's leaning).

Let me know if you know how to clear it, we have tried everything
    Look in your SMS/MMS folder. Voicemail Alerts are sent as an SMS Msg and show up in that folder. Even when you listen to the voicemail and delete it, the Alert Icon stays since it's an SMS Message.
    12-16-08 12:58 PM
    Try pulling the battery...it should go away if you actually dont have a message.
    12-16-08 01:02 PM
    Its my hubbys phone. We pulled the battery, AND we do not have TEXT messages, we blocked that, since we just use blackberry messenger and its free, didn't want to pay the $20 per phone for the texting plan.

IDK, Verizon 611 didn't know either
    12-16-08 01:10 PM
    Did you click just the plain messages folder too? Missed calls show up in there too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 01:12 PM
    ya... checked that folder too
    12-16-08 01:20 PM
    sounds like you need to WIPE!
    12-16-08 01:51 PM
    i don't want to say it but it really does sound like a voicemail. are you combining your messages or separating them, i'd combine them just to see if in your "combined" message list you find an unread message. oh and verizon 611 never know anything. I got my girlfriend and myself free curves the day they came out on verizon, just because they don't know anything. good luck with the message otherwise.
    12-16-08 02:00 PM
    My storm is suddenly acting up. under my email icon it shows a red* and a (1) I do not have any new e-mails it also shows one in the message icon I can not get rid of them. I have gone as far as deleting all messages and e-mail off the phone and done a battery pull several times. I called verizon and we deleted my e-mail account and reinstalled the message indicator came back with no e-mails present. Verizon says to wait for an update. Has anybody had this problem??? It is driving me crazy!!
    12-20-08 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD