So have had my first BB for a few weeks and am perplexed by the indicator in the upper left home screen view for messages. It says 18 next to the Mail symbol and has a star. I have deleted all of the e-mails and voicemails I have received and it still shows 18. It goes up when I get e-mail and down when I delete but it gains a few every few days and I for the life of me can not figure out why.

Any suggestions?

Eric
    05-18-09 05:11 PM
    May be calls. Check settings:

Phone/call log > menu > options > call logging > show these call log types in message list > 3 choices. U may want 2 select none.

If still unresolved, check for hidden message folders:

Full home screen > menu > show all. Option doesn't display when no hidden folders.

If/when all else fails: battery pull.
    05-18-09 05:39 PM
    Let's start with a battery pull. With phone on, remove battery, wait 30-45 sec, then replace battery.

Then, from home (main) screen, click blackberry key > Show All.

See if there are any hidden message icons with a * next to them. Then check in all of your Folders (Downloads, Applications, etc) for the same thing.

Then, go into the main Messages Folder and click bb button > View Saved Messages
    See if any messages have been saved.

If still no messages, while still in messages click bb button > view folder and select Browser Messages. Search through all of those message folders and see if there are any new messages in any of them.
    05-18-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD