I have the Blackberry Storm and message indicator will not go away. It's the envelope icon with the red asterick on the touchpad. When you have it in landscape mode, the red asterick will not appear, however when you turn it back up to portrait mode, the envelope appears with the red asterick. It's kinda confusing as I am thinking there are messages but there's not.

Any ideas on what's happening? Is it supposed to do this?
    01-09-09 09:58 PM
    Have you checked every single message you have, and tried a battery pull.
    01-09-09 10:10 PM
    Yes checked and deleted all messages (voice and email). It's really strange..turn it too landscape mode, no envelope and red asterick, flip it back to portrait mode...envelope and red asterick... any other ideas? I have powered it off, took the battery out, left the battery out for a few minutes, put it back and it did it again.

I did OTA updates, etc... maybe it's just having a data moment or something, I could hide the icon but I don't wanna do that.
    01-09-09 10:36 PM
    There are several different areas where you may or may not have checked including the "view folder" list. What worked for me was deleting the messages out of the "Messages" application icon in the menu-this is different than "SMS and MMS" and "Email."
    (I have a 9530 Blackberry Storm)

Gaile
    01-19-09 02:23 PM
    open msg folder. select menu, view folder, go to SMS mesgs I believe, but check all of them to be sure, delete anything in there pertaining to Vmail, it will go away.
    01-23-09 02:03 PM
    You might want to move this thread to the "discussion" section of the forum.
    01-23-09 02:43 PM
    This thread has been moved to the 9500/9530 forums.

01-23-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD