Ok the 1 issue I am having with my storm is with visual voice mail. Every time I get a message even after I listen to it the light keeps flashing as if I have a new message the only way for me to get rid of it is by pulling the battery. has anyone else seen this issue and if so found a fix ?
    12-28-08 02:40 PM
    Happens to me too. When you get a voicemail, it notifies you in your visual voicemail, but also informs you of missed calls via the message folder. You have to read whatever unopened messages you have in that folder for the indicator to stop flashing.
    12-28-08 02:44 PM
    nope...never happened
    12-28-08 03:01 PM
    Do you have Weatherbug or something with alerts installed? This may mean that you are recieving an alert!
    12-28-08 03:03 PM
    Ok the 1 issue I am having with my storm is with visual voice mail. Every time I get a message even after I listen to it the light keeps flashing as if I have a new message the only way for me to get rid of it is by pulling the battery. has anyone else seen this issue and if so found a fix ?
    The exact same thing is happening with my phone. I have checked all of the missed calls and erased the voicemail, yet the red LED light continues to flash. Once the message has been erased, it takes about 15 minutes for the light to go out on it's own. I'm also looking for a resolution to this problem, otherwise, I might have to discontinue the visual voicemail service.
    12-28-08 03:12 PM
    httrdd..... that maybe my answer to the issue that I was having. I could not figure out why I would have my red message indicator light blinking all the time when my emails and texts were all read and nothing new.
    I never thought about weatherbug, I may have to check that out now and see if that is the case next time I get a random stray indicator light going off.
    12-28-08 03:14 PM
    jdkluck- I was having the same problem and it was driving me nuts! I found a post on here that broke it down for me too!
    12-28-08 03:17 PM
    I think it's a software glich or time delay between phone and voice mail.
    First of all, I dont have weatherbug. So that is not the problem. I've been playing around with this problem and tried everything (deleting VVMs and all messages etc ) and nothing stops the LED from blinking. Unless I reboot the phone, which is why I think its a delay between phone and voice mail. Because the phone has to... check back in.
    But, I have found as a solution is.....
    Turn off the LED light in the sound profile for VVM and make a long ringtone for VVM.
    The only problem with that is, if your away from the phone and the phone goes dim. Then you get a call and VVM. You will not know, unless you wake up the phone.
    I just think it's RIM and Verizon's way of keeping you addicted to the phone

PS. Sorry if there is another thread which gives a the solution to this problem. I have look for it and have not found it by any search. So I just thought I'd add my two cents in.
    01-10-09 12:48 PM
    Had this problem occasionally on .75 but never since .85.
    01-10-09 01:26 PM
    Had this problem (occasionally) with .75 but never since .85
    01-10-09 01:29 PM
    It took me a week to get this resolved with Verizon. It is a problem on their end and NOT your phone. Call them and eventually it will get fixed. Make sure you get a trouble ticket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 01:34 PM
    Verizon told me that it is a known problem with Rimm's OS and that it will hopefully be resolved with the next official upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD