As the title says. ICON shows star even when there aren't any messages?
    12-22-08 01:09 PM
    If you've checked all places (SMS, MMS, Email, Missed calles etc.......) and it still shows.......gotta do a battery pull.
    12-22-08 01:10 PM
    Did you try this:

Go into Message folder
    Show Keyboard
    Switch to landscape (QWERTY)
    Press "U"

The "U" key usually takes you to the last unread message. That might help you locate one if there is indeed one in there somewhere that you might have missed in the scroll.

Edit: alternatively, scroll to the very top of the message folder and select "Mark Prior Opened" from the menu.
    12-22-08 01:11 PM
    Check your IM as well.
    12-22-08 01:14 PM
    Also, good to note the BBOS still has a bug in it for this...if you do all the previously mentioned options and it still exists.

Change your theme to another theme, then switch back..the star will have gone away.
    12-22-08 01:16 PM
    Gets even better. The star shows up in portrait but in landscape...
    12-22-08 01:25 PM
    If all else fails, try syncing to your pc!
    12-22-08 01:26 PM
    Yeah did you check to make sure you didn't accidentally SAVE an unread message? View Saved messages & see. I did this on my curve many times.
    12-22-08 01:30 PM
    But wait there is more...after trying all those things I did a battery pull and now it's stuck on the Verizon Logo screen....
    12-22-08 01:33 PM
    Also, good to note the BBOS still has a bug in it for this...if you do all the previously mentioned options and it still exists.

Change your theme to another theme, then switch back..the star will have gone away.
    There is only one theme for the storm - but thanks for playing
    12-22-08 01:33 PM
    BTW...all this weirdness began when I installed .83
    12-22-08 01:35 PM
    Well it appears that if you set the Accesability/Home Screen to other than Default then the home screen acts goofy.

I remembered I had changed it to 4x4 so I went back to Default and it seems to have cleared out the issue. BTW, I had also noticed that the ICONS had all changed size when not in Default.
    12-22-08 01:45 PM
    It's a bug, mine does it too. Very anoying!
    12-22-08 01:52 PM
    Well it appears that if you set the Accesability/Home Screen to other than Default then the home screen acts goofy.

I remembered I had changed it to 4x4 so I went back to Default and it seems to have cleared out the issue. BTW, I had also noticed that the ICONS had all changed size when not in Default.
    i have left mine on default for everything and havent touched the os..... but still get it.. very annoying....
    12-22-08 02:00 PM
    I would say its a bug. I have it happen on my Storm as well.

Try this:
    -While in portrait mode, press the BB button to bring up application view.
    -Now click the messaging icon.
    -Press the back button
    -you should see no star icon.
    -escape back out to the home screen. The star should be gone from there as well. HOWEVER, if you rotate the screen the star icon comes back again. So it is definitely a bug.
    12-22-08 02:01 PM
    The same thing was happening with me. The star icon would show in the corner of my email screen ONLY in portrait mode, in landscape everything worked just fine. This just started today, and today I also switched my icon grid size from default to 4x4. Switching it back to default solved the problem instantly.
    02-22-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD