The handsett will be coming pre packaged with an 8 gig card so i wouldnt worry about the memory to much.
    Are you ********? You can't use the 8GB of memory card storage for apps or themes.

Welp... if BB apps are anything like Palm apps, they're pretty small and you don't need a ton of memory to run them. I'm sure it will be sufficient.

I was just on Apple's tech specs on the iPhone and it doesn't say what its flash capacity is. Comparable to BBs?
    Really? There's an 8GB and 16GB version of the iPhone. That means 8GB or 16GB of app or media storage. Also, some current themes have been known to be 400k large or close to it. I'm sure with the Storm there's a good chance that size will increase even more due to the higher resolution screen. Put a couple of big ones together and it'll go over 1MB of space. Browsing sites with a lot of pics with the browser set to high picture quality will take up memory. Navigation software stores a lot of its map data locally. Don't clear that cache too often and it'll fill up quickly.

What? OS 5? Does that even exist? I've never had a Blackberry so excuse me for my dumb questions. Is that like the next big revamp of the Blackberry OS that RIM is working on or something? It seems like all these current updates to the OS is already a big deal and it's just things such as 4.5 and 4.7. I can't imagine how big this 5.0 is going to be. But considering that the Storm with OS4.7 isn't even out yet I also can't imagine 5.0 coming out anytime soon.
    Yes, OS 5.x is out and in early test stages.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 10-04-08 at 02:54 PM.
    10-04-08 02:50 PM
    There's an 8GB and 16GB version of the iPhone. That means 8GB or 16GB of app or media storage.
    Yeah... I dig that. I didn't know if the flash was separate on the iPhone, similar to the separation of the 128mb vs the 1 gb on the Storm.
    10-05-08 09:07 AM
    Yeah... I dig that. I didn't know if the flash was separate on the iPhone, similar to the separation of the 128mb vs the 1 gb on the Storm.
    No, the only thing that's separate on the iPhone and not really documented is the amount of RAM it has (for processing).
    10-05-08 10:42 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD