why does the storm have memory leaks, is the storm suppost to have a memory leak like this??? does an other verizon phone have this or is this a blackberry thing?? what is a way to stop this from happing?? can this be corrected by blackberry??i know this is alot of questions but ive never heard of anything like this??? i just watch m storms memory get smaller and smaller by the hour!!!
    01-14-09 01:51 AM
    just do a battery pull and you will be set! Hopefully this issue will be fixed in future updates.
    01-14-09 02:37 AM
    just do a battery pull and you will be set! Hopefully this issue will be fixed in future updates.
    This isnt the only solution, and shouldnt be the only solution for everything wrong with the phone. Make sure you are closing all of your applications after you're done using them. Also, use the memory cleaner application if you haven't yet. You can get this app by going into Options >>Security Options>>Memory Cleaning>>Enabled.

Personally, I've gone days without cleaning or batt pulling and I've been fine. I didnt even know this memory thing existed until I got this phone. The only reason I battery pull is when (yes when, not if ) my Storm freezes. If you still want to pull the battery for this issue, just download the "softreset" or "quickpull" app.
    01-14-09 02:44 AM
    This isnt the only solution, and shouldnt be the only solution for everything wrong with the phone. Make sure you are closing all of your applications after you're done using them. Also, use the memory cleaner application if you haven't yet. You can get this app by going into Options >>Security Options>>Memory Cleaning>>Enabled.

Personally, I've gone days without cleaning or batt pulling and I've been fine. I didnt even know this memory thing existed until I got this phone. The only reason I battery pull is when (yes when, not if ) my Storm freezes. If you still want to pull the battery for this issue, just download the "softreset" or "quickpull" app.
    memory cleaner app only removes some cached content and does not have a significant effect on the available application memory.

You need to:

1. close your apps.
    when that doesn't take care of it... (OS itself leaks memory too.)
    2. battery pull or quick pull or soft reset.
    01-14-09 04:00 AM
    WM has a ton of memory leaks. Much worse than the Storm. I had a Treo 700wx and the issues were huge. I was constantly managing memory to keep the thing running. The Storm is only about 5% of the maintenance of the Treo.
    01-14-09 05:20 AM
    3rd party apps.
    01-14-09 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD