It is most likely a third party application. I think there is some leak from the BB aps, but not to your level. Just because it is closed does not mean it is not the problem. That is the definition of memory leak - A process that uses available memory because it has not been terminated correctly. I agree with Ainvar . . . go one at a time and see which one is the problem.
    12-19-08 11:15 AM
    I have the same issue. I start off around low 30s. By the end of the day it'll be around low 10s. I deleted weatherbug for about a day or two and didn't make any difference. I don't have VVM or nav. I'm going to assume it's Viigo. But first I'll upgrade to .83 and see if that makes any difference.
    12-19-08 11:32 AM
    Using a number of Memory tweaks found on this site I run at or close to 50MEGs free all day. Among them - update to .83, remove VVM and VZ Nav. Weather bug is always running in background and is not optimized for Storm, plus like most every other ap you can easily get the same info or achieve same thing with an extra step or two without the ap - so I deleted all 3rd party aps I didn't need to run my BB (RSA and worksite). Turn off the NAv feature if your not navigating. Set Network to 1XEV. Remove the Vodaphone Sim Card. Go to the Memory Optimization Procedure thread. Follow it step by step.

In the morning, and before I leave work at night I clear my bowser cache, history and cookies, Then - I go to the main screen - pull up the keyboard in landscape - put on num lock hit the following keys " / " /

That is 4 separate key strokes the quotes are to be entered!! This brings up the logs. Hit the BB key - clear the logs - back out pull battery - WAIT 30 seconds before battery goes back in.

My RSA ap is constantly running to pull up token codes so I can connect remotely to my network, and worksite mobility is also always running and syncing with my network and I stay over 40+ all day now.
    12-24-08 10:41 AM
    I kinda ditched this thread. My bad everyone. With the holidays and family around and all I kinda skipped out.

I had to get a replacement phone since the send/end keys were barely hanging on anymore and my screen no longer wanted to click in the bottom corners (in portrait) or along the left side in landscape.

My new phone so far doesn't seem to have any issues with memory leaks. And before you all attack me for saying that, yes, I deleted everything from the old phone and left it for 2 days and it still dropped significantly. Not quite as a bad as when it had the apps, but still dropped from around 24mb after battery pull down to 12mb in less than 24 hrs. After 48hrs it plateued around 9.8mb. VZW tech said it may have been a defective unit.

So with that being said, my memory leak issue seems to be resolved for now. Thanks everyone for your help and input! It's greatly appreciated! New phone runs around 25mb on average & around 31-33mb after a battery pull
    01-04-09 08:52 PM
    I no longer use weather bug. I was having to many issues with the program. I now use Weather Channel and they have a button you can download that you can set up right on your BB. Yes you have to click on it, but it takes like 2 secs to connect and after you set up your zip code it stays to you clear out your internet cache/history. No its not connected to your GPS, but i normally dont care about the weather then my hometown since i dont travel.

weather.com
    or
    weather.mobi
    01-04-09 09:30 PM
    Still use Weatherbug, have memory clean on auto, running TalkLock and QuickPull. Always have 28-25mg free. VzNav and VVM are used daily.
    01-04-09 10:39 PM
    i was reading in another STORM forum (not crackberry) that VIIGO may be the culprit because the program runs in the background updating information ?
    01-04-09 10:59 PM
    I have ESPN ,Facebook,cnn mobile,CNBC mobile AP mobile , weather channel,weatherbug, accu weather,weathereye,usa todaymobile, and my memory after a battery pull runs 43 mb may go down to 36 mb over 24 hrs so then first thing in am i do a pull and its back up
    01-05-09 05:01 AM
    If I remember right (I could be wrong here) Viigo still runs (updates and RSS) even when closed...unless you go into the Viigo settings and tell it to only update when you tell it to. I know I have seen threads (tips) on exactly how to set these settings, but it's pretty straight forward.
    01-06-09 12:17 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD