Sorry guys, I'm a newbie. I'm getting a 9530 soon and am trying to familiarize myself with various terms and whatnot. Could someone tell me what a memory leak is exactly? And how they happen and also how to prevent them/stop them? Thanks guys.
    08-16-09 07:34 PM
    A memory leak is when your device memory is slowing going down. You can check how much available memory you have on the Storm. You check it and it says 39mb, you check an hour later and it says 30mb. This is a memory leak. They are caused by many different things. Leaving programs running in the background, bad programs installed, bad OS. It can be caused by tons of different things, and its tough to find the exact cause most times.
    08-16-09 08:06 PM
    Google it & u'll get tons of info.
    08-16-09 08:30 PM
    Just install OS .151
    08-16-09 08:31 PM
    isn't .151 only beta or something like that? And wouldn't i have to mod files and backup all of my stuff?
    08-17-09 10:34 AM
    isn't .151 only beta or something like that? And wouldn't i have to mod files and backup all of my stuff?
    No it's not a beta, it's just not approved by Big Red.
    08-17-09 10:45 AM
    No it's not a beta, it's just not approved by Big Red.
    Just to expound on this a bit further: .151 is definitely something you'll want to strongly consider if you're very concerned about memory leaks. I only lose about .5mb a day on average since I upgraded to .151 a few weeks ago.
    08-17-09 10:53 AM
    .151 is the best OS we've had for this phone. Here's a link that describes how to install an OS to your phone, however, I don't recommend that you jump on it the minute you boot the phone up. It's not an overly complicated process, but you need to spend some time reading about it. The first post in this thread will tell you everything you need to know and would otherwise have questions about, but you have to carefully and completely read it and the other links you find in that first post. When you get the phone, just run the OS that it comes with for a few days while you catch up on upgrading the OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/in...source-213706/
    08-17-09 10:59 AM
    If you plan on streaming like Pandora .151 is not for you. It has a very bad radio. Stay with .148 or use a hybrid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 11:23 AM
    If you plan on streaming like Pandora .151 is not for you. It has a very bad radio. Stay with .148 or use a hybrid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Actually, I would say that .151 has a very bad radio specifically for mrspock2002 and where he lives/works. It has a wonderful radio for me where I live (and probably for most people using this OS).
    08-17-09 11:30 AM
    Pandora seems to work OK for me on .151. I only listened to a few songs though.
    08-17-09 01:07 PM
    Awesome guys! Thanks for the help. And thanks, grey, for the link to .151.
    08-18-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD