I have a real bad memory leak. I start at 32 and by the end off the day I am at 15 or so. What can I do too try and stop it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 10:47 PM
    me too on .109 operating system. It sucks.
    03-09-09 10:48 PM
    I have a real bad memory leak. I start at 32 and by the end off the day I am at 15 or so. What can I do too try and stop it?

Nothing. Especially if you have a few 3rd party apps and are running a today, or hidden today theme (or even just a plain theme made by the leaked Plazmic theme builder). I would suggest downloading the quickpull app, and schedule a reboot whenever you are sleeping (i.e., mine is set for 5:20 am). My storm starts off around 30mb, and by the time I got to bed i'm under 10mb, but with the reboot... I wake up with 30mb once again without having to do a manual battery pull. (note: make sure you storm isn't locked, or the quickpull wont reboot... plus disable the compatibility mode for the scheduler to work properly).
    03-09-09 11:21 PM
    I agree, I find the memory on .109 is good with the Precision Zen theme, but I have significant memory leaks with other themes.
    03-09-09 11:59 PM
    Try the free trial of memory up pro. Download it then do bat pull to start memory off fresh and see if it holds. I had a pretty good memory leak to with .109 and memory up pro made a huge difference, for me anyway.
    03-10-09 12:04 AM
    Try the free trial of memory up pro. Download it then do bat pull to start memory off fresh and see if it holds. I had a pretty good memory leak to with .109 and memory up pro made a huge difference, for me anyway.
    Alternatively...you could just delete poorly coded themes and other apps that do not free memory when closed. After you delete the app, call or email to tell them what you've done and why you did it (if you call them assholes you will be better for it and your kids will be smarter).

That will likely get their attention. No need to purchase a third party app to compensate for their sloppy code.
    03-10-09 12:25 AM
    yeh i just started experiencing this everything was good for quite sometime just up until recently it started the memory leak really bad all the way under 10 mb i hate it
    03-10-09 12:27 AM
    I cannot seem to schedule a pull. I have compatibility disabled and not locked. When I check my phone it is stuck in the warning screen. Any ideas?

(note: make sure you storm isn't locked, or the quickpull wont reboot... plus disable the compatibility mode for the scheduler to work properly).
    03-10-09 02:49 AM
    I don't get this memory leak problem... Is this because the OS (im on 109) are leaked and not perfect and a flaw is memory leak?
    Aren't devices like this constantly supposed to free memory after some is used up?
    I work with a bunch of tech savy people that are programmers (I wish i was a geek, they make more money than I do!) and when explaining my memory leakage to them they're response is that usually memory is built back up after something is finished processing or finished being used. That makes sense, but why isn't this happening?
    03-10-09 08:43 AM
    Where is this memory leak you all speak of? I only see people obsessing over a number. I have yet to come across this fabled memory leak. Where, good sirs (and madams if we have any), might a person find this mythic memory leak? Do I just turn left at the Fountain of Youth after heading due east from Atlantis?
    03-10-09 08:47 AM
    i am on .75 and i have one scheduled every morning at 6 am. i finally had enough and i am getting a new one sent too me. this wil be my 4th since it came out
    03-10-09 11:39 AM
    Where is this memory leak you all speak of? I only see people obsessing over a number. I have yet to come across this fabled memory leak. Where, good sirs (and madams if we have any), might a person find this mythic memory leak? Do I just turn left at the Fountain of Youth after heading due east from Atlantis?
    I believe you have to make a right at the wishing well and head towards the tree that grows money. I think you are mistaken the battery pull with the memory leak.

03-10-09 11:49 AM
    Well put sir. Unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears (or blind eyes as it were) I've given up preaching this philosophy. If only someone would write an app that would just display available memory in the constant say 50's then people could feel better and not worry so much about it.

03-10-09 11:57 AM
    i am on .75 and i have one scheduled every morning at 6 am. i finally had enough and i am getting a new one sent too me. this wil be my 4th since it came out
    I hope I'm reading your post wrong.... Are you saying you are returning the storm because YOU think you have a memory leak? Everyone that posts they have a memory leak seems to have a misunderstanding of how memory works.

I'm not saying there is no such thing as a mem leak, there is. But just saying my memory is going down doesn't prove a leak. Only that Java is doing it's job.
    03-10-09 12:03 PM
    I really don't understand this whole memory leak thing. Its up and down all day. I guess it has to do with what apps I running. But like others have stated, my app memory is very low by days end. I've read several posts blaming .109 OS and third party apps. Wouldn't really care if it didn't slow my phone down.
    03-10-09 12:10 PM
    I believe you have to make a right at the wishing well and head towards the tree that grows money. I think you are mistaken the battery pull with the memory leak.
    Ohhhhhhhh! I think I know that place! It's just a little past the Tooth Fairy's house right? Between the Easter Bunny's hut and the end of the rainbow where all the Leprechaun's live. Now... do I turn left onto Yellow Brick Rd or right onto Sesame St. at the giant beanstalk? I haven't been to Imagination Land since I was a little kid, so my memory of the layout is a little hazy.

But it's no wonder I couldn't find it. Here I thought it was in The Land of Myths when it's really in Imagination Land. Boy is my face red.
    03-10-09 12:27 PM
    me too on .109 operating system. It sucks.
    didnt really notice a significant memory leak on the .75 OS but since i installed .109, the leak has been an issue. although my memory has held above 30mb all day today but i think that is because i have been in a poor reception area all day. yesterday i was on BB messenger for quite a while and by evening my memory was close to 5mb and i had to do a battery pull to get it back up.

this is pretty annoying cos my device memory is over 800mb free and memory card had 1gb free. isn't this beery supposed to be smart? why can't it use the free memory available at these locations?

can somebody explain that?
    03-10-09 01:47 PM
    this is pretty annoying cos my device memory is over 800mb free and memory card had 1gb free. why can't it use the free memory available at these locations?

can somebody explain that?
    One is memory, the other storage.
    03-10-09 01:53 PM
    are there any long term effects on the phone if the memory leaks continue? i know slowed down performance is one thing but i haven't had this problem yett
    03-13-09 03:15 PM
    Once the Storm get to zero memory "from the mythical memory leak" it believes it's a Logitech remote control and turns your television on and off.

03-13-09 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD