So I just synced my storm using pocketmac to put some new songs on my storm. I've searched the threads using "memory" & "device memory" as my keywords, but didn't find anything of use. Here is a quick run down of the what happened.
    Many moons ago:
    -The last time I synced music to my storm, pocketmac saved everything to the device memory
    -I then had to go in and manually move everything to the sd card so my device memory wasn't all used up.
    -After I did this I noticed my device memory meter still showed the used memory and the move had not freed up additional space.
    -I left it alone after a battery pull didn't solve the issue. And at the time didn't think it would be a big deal.

Tonight:
    -Decided I would sync more music to my storm
    -Again pocketmac saved everything to device memory, but this time it used up all my memory.
    -Did a battery pull, but no success..
    -Decided to see if I could just go ahead and format the memory on the device, but when I went to do so, a warning appeared stating everything saved on the device (such as contacts) would be deleted/destroyed.

I am hoping someone can give me some advice/tips on how to free up that memory or point me in the right direction, as it now shows I have zero device memory available.
    12-23-08 11:49 PM
    save the stuff to the memory card not to the phone memory
    12-24-08 12:07 AM
    save the stuff to the memory card not to the phone memory
    thank you for the reply, but did you read my post... I stated that I moved everything off device memory and on to sd card. But the phone still shows no available space on device memory even after I moved everything I could possibly think off that would take up space. Only thing left is my contacts (93 of them) which I have on my device memory. There should be a lot more memory available on my device memory than ZERO!
    Last edited by stormdevil; 12-24-08 at 01:08 AM.
    12-24-08 01:01 AM
    bump... since no one else replied
    12-25-08 01:24 AM
    Are you sure you moved them or copy them. Go to your phone and turn on MTP and look through your device and see if there are still stuff on there.
    12-25-08 01:26 AM
    Are you sure you moved them or copy them. Go to your phone and turn on MTP and look through your device and see if there are still stuff on there.
    where is MTP?
    12-25-08 01:39 AM
    Go to Options then MTP and also make sure Enable Mass Storage mode is on when connected. That will allow you to hook up the USB and allow you on your computer to read the BB and the card as a hard drive/external storage. BB1 is the Storm and BB2 is the memory card.
    12-25-08 01:42 AM
    Go to Options then MTP and also make sure Enable Mass Storage mode is on when connected. That will allow you to hook up the USB and allow you on your computer to read the BB and the card as a hard drive/external storage. BB1 is the Storm and BB2 is the memory card.
    OH its options>memory> MTP: set to on, ect...

Yes I already had all that set up
    MTO: on
    Mass storage mode: on
    auto enable mass storage: yes

I already had all that set up
    Thanks for the help though.
    I looked through BB1 and saw nothing that would take up the 800+mb's that are gone. BB2 shows my music and videos that i've downloaded.

So I guess Im back to square one...
    12-25-08 01:48 AM
    run the memory cleaner.
    12-25-08 01:52 AM
    Try doing Memory cleaning..

Also you can backup everything. Open up DM and backup everything. Before you back up, clear everything like e-mails/SMS/MMS and browser cache.

Then back up

Then Options>Security Options>General Setting. Then hit the BB button and wipe device. It will wipe everything so you can "Start over" again.
    12-25-08 01:53 AM
    Try doing Memory cleaning..

Also you can backup everything. Open up DM and backup everything. Before you back up, clear everything like e-mails/SMS/MMS and browser cache.

Then back up

Then Options>Security Options>General Setting. Then hit the BB button and wipe device. It will wipe everything so you can "Start over" again.
    will wiping delete anything on my sd card, i suppose i can just remove it. Also, what is I go to options>memory> BB button> format device memory... is this the same thing as wiping my device?
    12-25-08 02:06 AM
    will wiping delete anything on my sd card, i suppose i can just remove it. Also, what is I go to options>memory> BB button> format device memory... is this the same thing as wiping my device?
    Not sure, never did it that way, only wipe through the security menu. You can remove the memory card but it shouldn't wipe anything off the memory card. After your done, do the *228 and select option 1. Then go to Options>Advanvce Options> Host Routing Table then Hit the BB button and "register" this should give you back the Browser. Restart it then restore everything.
    12-25-08 02:11 AM
    thank you, I will try and back up my stuff on DM. But I don't have a PC that I can barrow at the moment. I am using a mac. Ill see if my buddy lets me install DM and back up my stuff that way. Will the backup allow me to save thirdparty apps like myspace and youtube. Since I downloaded them already I dont want to have to redo that again if I don't have to.
    12-25-08 02:19 AM
    You can always re download them. If you don't have much, your better on starting over again to make sure there isn't any conflicts. But there is a way to do it, not sure how to though.
    12-25-08 02:21 AM
    ok... just plugged in usb data sync cable, attempted to transfer a small file into BB1. Got an error message stating that there was no KB's available to save on device memory. Then saw that the file stayed in BB1 and did in-fact save. ejected the device, went back into the phone, turned it off and then turned back on (not a battery pull)... went back into memory and now it shows full capacity available. And my file did in-fact save on the device as well. Whatever I did, it fixed it... for now thx again for your help.
    Last edited by stormdevil; 12-25-08 at 12:25 PM.
    12-25-08 02:34 AM
    That is weird.
    12-25-08 02:49 AM
    From the best of my knowledge the process to backup third party applications is:

First open DM and connect your Blackberry using USB.

Select Switch Device and select Switch BlackBerry Devices.

Now select USB & then look for your PIN# (If you only have one Blackberry, only one will be listed).

If you have a password, it will ask you to enter it.

Uncheck the sections where it says User Data & Settings and Messages so that only the 3rd Party Applications is checked.

Let the program backup the files. When it completes the backup, leave the screen as is, don't press next or cancel.

Now search your computer for a folder with your PIN#. The folder may be hidden depending on what operating system you are using.

Then save this folder to another location (If you don't it will be deleted in the next step).

Go back into DM and hit cancel (As I previously said, make sure the folder is copied to another location or else it will be deleted after hitting cancel).

To restore the applications back to the blackberry after a wipe. You just have to go into the Application Loader, click add, go to the folder that has your PIN# and click the file that has your PIN# followed by the extension alx. This should place all of the applications into the Application Loader screen.
    Last edited by ArmaK; 12-25-08 at 02:56 AM.
    12-25-08 02:51 AM
    ok i think I figured out what I did to fix the problem. In my orig post, i stated I highlighted all the files in BB1 (device mem) Copied/pasted into BB2 (external SD card) and then deleted the files off BB1. What I forgot to mention is that afterward, I proceded to empty my trashcan where the files were sent after deletion. Where as before I didn't empty the trash. Quick Note is that when I emptied the trash I still had my device plugged in. So this one extra step is what fixed my issue and is a big relief for me to know that its not my storm that is bugging out but more myself being a NOOB and not working the device properly. Hope this info can help anyone else having issues. Good luck!
    12-25-08 04:37 PM
    I'm lost at how to clear logs? If hold number key down I. Can't get the symbols

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 04:41 PM
    Turn the Storm to landscape and then try the number lock. It should work from there.
    12-25-08 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD