Yesterday afternoon I followed the directions on how to free up memory on the storm. After all was done I had 38.6 MB of application Memory. I used the phone for the rest of the night on the phone, checking my emails and the browser. Today morning when I got to work I checked my memory and it stated Free Space. 23.0MB and I also checked when I woke up which it stated 28.3MB. What is going on??? P.S. the only application I have running in the background is AIM.
    Last edited by gtgtgt99; 12-15-08 at 08:47 AM. Reason: P.S. the only application I have running in the background is AIM.
    12-15-08 08:43 AM
    Normal usage... expect memory to fluctuate up and down. This is normal for any BB. Nothing you can do about it except to follow the normal rituals of clearing memory (like after you browse, maybe clear the browser cache, etc.). A battery pull or reset using a software tool that does this (QuickPull or SoftReset) will also start you back up with cleared memory that was being claimed for normal opperations, but be aware that it'll just get reclaimed again.

There's some other threads on here, including one from me, on how to free up an additional 5MB of memory by deleting the OEM wallpaper file off the phone. That's about all you can do is free up as much as possible and go from there.
    12-15-08 08:47 AM
    Also when u are in home screen...........................
    Hit the blackberry key bring up the keyboard in
    landscape hold the num lock key
    type "/"/ hit return key and it will bring up
    the event log. Clear that; also go
    into options>securtiy>memory cleaning>
    it will give u an option to clean other item as well.

I deleted bb maps and a few other things
    that I knew I wouldn't use and I am still
    on .65
    Hope that helps.
    12-15-08 08:55 AM
    The event log really doesn't need to be cleared constantly. It only logs one full day anyway and clears itself each day... and even a full day really doesn't keep that much data tied up. It's the big data apps that do this, maps, browsing, etc.

Also, keep running apps in the background to a minimum and that will help as well. Just make it a habit to properly close apps when you're done (unless you need to keep them open) instead of hitting End to go back to the home screen.
    12-15-08 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD