i cant find the original post but here is one referencing it

Thanks to Patches for the suggestions.

I have upgraded to every leak and hybrid, sometimes wiping the handheld and sometimes not. Throughout it all, I have had a significant memory leak, starting out at 45mb and within 4 hours, down below 20 with a performance lag.

At Patches' suggestion, I did a "wipe handheld", reloaded .148, but instead of restoring all of my settings, data, 3rd party apps, etc. I just synced my Outlook calendar and address book, and only restored my Password Keeper data and my Custom Word List. I then reloaded my 3rd party apps from the beginning.

It appears that by restoring my data all of the time from upgrade to upgrade, one of the databases may have become corrupt.

I have been running now for 24 hours. I began with 48mb (the most ever) and I am still at 40mb. This stable memory situation has not happened for me in quite a while. I am quite pleased.

Thanks Patches!
    07-25-09 09:15 AM
    I've noticed a memory leakage recently too (probably over the last week of two). I started since I upgrade Facebook and Slacker and also installed VZW tones, Bnet and Leave It On. I believe one of those apps has a big memory leak. I'm running the .148... and never had a memory problem with it until just recently.
    07-25-09 09:42 AM
    i've been having the same thing happen except i dont have bbm 5.0. The only apps i have are F-book, google maps, and BuzzMe. I've done memory whips, reset the device, reinstalled .148... still gets it.
    07-25-09 10:47 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 11:05 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD