I've read many posts that say that Memory Cleaning may be an IT policy and can't be disabled. I can't believe that's the case. I've disabled the password as others have suggested but it still shows the little red lock next to Enabled for the Memory Cleaning.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks
    02-17-09 09:05 PM
    yeha mine too
    i can't disable it
    there is a little red lock icon next to it

does anyone know how to disable it ?
    03-08-09 02:27 PM
    As soon as you use quick launch to clean your memory, it turns on the memory cleaning function until your next battery pull. Check for yourself.
    I did check fo myself and it does not turn on memory cleaning...I am running OS .109 and QuikLaunch v1.3...what versions are you running?
    03-08-09 02:34 PM
    I had about 30Mb then uninstalled all the foreign language stuff on the desktop manager and now have 48.9--no kidding!!!! Also, no navigator/VVM.

As far as apps, running buzz me, e mobile alerts and a stock trading program.

It's weird, but the only difference is the switch from portrait to landscape is faster for me now.
    I got rid of all the languages too... Still use VVM and NAV and get 45MB
    03-08-09 02:37 PM
    Please help, I would like to manually use the Memory Cleaning by clicking the icon on my home screen. I have it enabled under Security. I have it set to show icon on Home Screen. BUT if I disable the icon goes away from the Home Screen. Is it possible to have just the icon on my Home Screen but not have it clean everytime I lock my screen??? Thanks in advance!
    There is another way to manually use memory cleaner. Hit BB>options>security options>memory cleaning. This will bring you to the enable/disable screen. Leave it disabled, hit BB>clean now. You should see a status window pop up showing you what it's cleaning and it will still be disabled when it's done.
    03-08-09 03:58 PM
    I'm using .114 and I think it is causing a MAJOR memory leak. has anyone else had this problem
    03-18-09 11:07 AM
    i do not see the memory cleaner icon on my home screen when i enable memory cleaning and to show on my home screen

any ideas?
    03-18-09 12:48 PM
    i do not see the memory cleaner icon on my home screen when i enable memory cleaning and to show on my home screen

any ideas?
    yea... look all over your apps screen, it's somewhere.. it's just like a regular icon/tab.
    03-18-09 12:53 PM
    Try using the OTA app LogMaid. it deletes logs, and does memory cleaner and a few others every hour on the hour. and its a free app that runs in the background. just install and your done. i love it, my memory is always between 42MB and 49MB no batt pulls or restarts at all. .75 OS

forums.crackberry.com/f134/blackberry-storm-ota-apps-thread-107305/
    deleting the log with LogMaid will not free Mb's... more likely Kb's = very little....
    03-18-09 12:56 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD