question 1

looking in options>advanced options>applications i have AIM in there twice and Facebook in there twice. Is it supposed to be like that or do I have those programs installed twice and its using up some memory?

question 2

the other day i looked in status and saw that i had 34mb free. 5 minutes later, not doing anything on my phone or opening any other apps it was at 24mb free. is this just a bad case of memory leak or is it something else?

thanks in advance
    12-18-08 12:02 PM
    1. I have the same thing and I'm not sure why. When I open up the DM, I have it duplicated as well. I haven't noticed anything major with the BB, so I"m not too worried about it.

2. I would guess just a leak. Usually a battery pull helps (I'm sure you know this).
    12-18-08 12:07 PM
    Yeah I definitely notice the same thing. Did you put memory cleaning on? And I would definitelyget rid of one of your programs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 12:07 PM
    every day i do the following:

soft reset, clear logs, clear browser cache, run memory cleaner.

i am hip to the memory optimization game, just didnt know what was up with a 10mb free memory drop for no apparent reason whatsoever. and it doesn't make sense to me to see two of the same app in the list.
    12-18-08 12:11 PM
    I actually just checked and I only have AIM in there one time now. Don't know how that happened but one of them mysteriously disappeared. As for the FB, its still there. I just don't want to delete them because I don't want it to delete the whole program (and I don't feel like DL it again lol)

Still not sure about the mem drop.
    12-18-08 12:14 PM
    I know about the memory cleaner. I even made the shortcut because I use it frequently. My question is... I keep seeing the term soft reset throughout different threads. How do you do a soft reset?
    12-18-08 09:19 PM
    ditto on the soft reset
    12-18-08 09:26 PM
    Check the OTA Apps thread for a link to the SoftReset program, or it's functional equivalent of QuickPull.

Also, as I understand it, the memory clean doesn't really do much beyond a secure scrubbing of freed memory. It doesn't actually go and free memory. It's more like the self-destructing tapes from the old Mission Impossible show. But of course if someone has info to the contrary and would like to provide a link... So long as it's not a Wikipedia link, I'll probably look it over.
    12-18-08 09:30 PM
    12-18-08 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD