Before the BB community jumps down my throat for starting this thread... I honestly couldnt handle running through the entire site to answer this question, so my apology.

Today at about 1:30pm, I rebooted at about 45mb and 7 hours later am running at 24mb for free app memory... If there is a link someone can send me or maybe if someone can just help me out, i'd appreciate it.

Apps:
    BBweather (auto update every 2hrs.)
    PatternLock
    MeterBerry
    AmAze
    BlinkWhileCall
    CB Launcher
    LightMe
    123Spoof
    SlackerRadio (not in use)

Thanks
    05-20-09 07:20 PM
    Themes? Are you using a theme other than the stock Zen that the phone came with?
    05-20-09 07:35 PM
    Yeah, the Crystal Clear Theme. Ive used other themes by this developer and never had the problem...
    05-20-09 07:38 PM
    Yeah, the Crystal Clear Theme. Ive used other themes by this developer and never had the problem...
    I do not have any experience with the apps you have listed, but I think the easiest thing to start with is the theme. Go back to the default theme and see if the leak persists. I'm sure others will join the thread to let you know if they have had any experience with leaks using the apps you have.
    05-20-09 07:39 PM
    I agree with ya morf about the themes b/c they have always been very leaky with me. but what is it that causes them to do this? they seem so straight forward.
    05-20-09 07:48 PM
    I agree with ya morf about the themes b/c they have always been very leaky with me. but what is it that causes them to do this? they seem so straight forward.
    Civic has stated on here before that there is a reason the phone only came with one preloaded theme (whereas other BBs come with more than one)... it has something to do with the way the OS handles themes... how it interacts with them, if I'm not mistaken. Let me see if I can find the particular thread where she describes it...
    05-20-09 08:04 PM
    Before the BB community jumps down my throat for starting this thread... I honestly couldnt handle running through the entire site to answer this question, so my apology.

Today at about 1:30pm, I rebooted at about 45mb and 7 hours later am running at 24mb for free app memory... If there is a link someone can send me or maybe if someone can just help me out, i'd appreciate it.

Apps:
    BBweather (auto update every 2hrs.)
    PatternLock
    MeterBerry
    AmAze
    BlinkWhileCall
    CB Launcher
    LightMe
    123Spoof
    SlackerRadio (not in use)

Thanks
    You could rule out BBweather and Meterberry.

I both use BBweather/weatherbug and Meterberry.

BBweather is a lot better at memory management than weatherbug. So BB weather should not be a problem.
    Same thing with Meterberry.

I don't use the other apps so can't comment.

Have you loaded a new OS? If you did, some time a new OS takes a couple hours for it to get used to your phone or vice versa.

By the way is the drastic drop of memory effecting your phone? If not then, don't worry about it. My storm from a reboot has about +40 and after a full day's use it goes down to 20-25. And my phone is still running fast.
    05-20-09 08:07 PM
    Civic has stated on here before that there is a reason the phone only came with one preloaded theme (whereas other BBs come with more than one)... it has something to do with the way the OS handles themes... how it interacts with them, if I'm not mistaken. Let me see if I can find the particular thread where she describes it...
    Thanks,, dont sweat looking. Ill search around..it just doesnt make sense to me..
    05-20-09 08:08 PM
    Thanks,, dont sweat looking. Ill search around..it just doesnt make sense to me..
    Page 11, Post #160 of this thread: Ongoing/Unresolved/Overlooked Bugs in OS

She doesn't go into detail, but it has something to do with the way themes and the Storm interface interact. Do yourself a favor and don't post any questions about it in that particular thread, though... she is trying to keep that one as on-topic as possible.
    05-20-09 08:15 PM
    Page 11, Post #160 of this thread: Ongoing/Unresolved/Overlooked Bugs in OS

She doesn't go into detail, but it has something to do with the way themes and the Storm interface interact. Do yourself a favor and don't post any questions about it in that particular thread, though... she is trying to keep that one as on-topic as possible.
    Cool..Thanks!! Now i gave a better understanding..Makes sense that they didnt probally design it that way..
    05-20-09 08:20 PM
    05-20-09 08:29 PM
    Your problem is not really a problem. Leaking to 24mb is pretty damn good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 01:23 AM
    Thanks to everyone. I guess I do need to stop worrying about that mem leak since my phone does still operate smooth and quick... I guess I really shouldnt' complain. And thanks for the link for app memory management.

05-21-09 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD